Serve the best appetizer recipe when you make this bacon wrapped tater tots with cheese recipe. The tasty salty bacon and tater tots dipped in our homemade sauce is next level delicious!
Bacon wrapped tater tots with cheese recipe — I don’t think any recipe can sound more tasty from just reading it. But don’t worry, this recipe lives up to what you think it will taste like in your head, maybe even better.
Our cheesy tater tots recipe is one of the first appetizers to be completely gone when I serve them. I mean who doesn’t love anything and everything wrapped in bacon and accompanied with cheese.
Plus the dip recipe with the tater tot recipe brings this appetizer to the next level, if that was even possible. Making it quite possibly the best Thanksgiving appetizer to serve.
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots with Cheese Recipe:
- Tater tots, thawed
- Cheddar cheese, cubed
- Brown sugar
- Chili powder
- Black pepper
- Hot sauce
How To Make Our Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots with Cheese Recipe:
Start by making sure that your tater tots have been thawed to room temperature and then preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Now, take the thawed tater tots and cut them in half lengthwise and the place the cheese cube inside of the two tater tot halves.
Then but the bacon strips into thirds and use the bacon to wrap around the two halves of the tater tots to keep it together.
Next, in a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar and chili powder in a bowl and roll the bacon wrapped tater tots in the brown sugar mixture and then place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper with the seam side down.
Continue to make up the tater tots until you run out of bacon.
Then place the cookie sheet in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Halfway through at 10 minutes remove the cookie sheet form the oven and carefully flip the tater tots over to allow the bacon to cook on the other side until it is nice and crispy.
Once the bacon looks done to your liking, remove the pan from the oven and serve them warm with the sauce.
To make the sauce, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, paprika, salt, oregano, black pepper, and hot sauce all in a small mixing bowl until it is well combined.
Keep the sauce in the fridge until you are ready to serve it with the tater tots.
To Make this Cheesy Tater Tots Recipe You Will Need:
- Cutting board (THIS is a great one!)
- Small mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
This recipe is part of our 55 of the Best Appetizers for Christmas Potluck (Favorite Party Foods)
What are Cheesy Tots Made of?
To make the cheesy tots themselves, you will need to have frozen tater tots (that you need to thaw) cheese, we like to use cheddar cheese but you can choose your favorite, and of course bacon!
What is the Best Way to Cook Frozen Tater Tots?
In order to make delicious tater tots you will want to make them either in the oven or the air fryer. The oven and the air fryer will preserve the crispiness of the tots.
Making tater tots in the microwave will leave you with mushy not so appealing tater tots.
How Do You Get Tots Crispy?
We love using the oven to make our tater tots because they keep nice and crispy, but if you want more ways to make crispy tater tots, Baking Kneads has 6 ways to keep tater tots crispy that you should check out for even more ideas!
Types of Cheese to Use
While we use cheddar for this recipe, it is definitely not your only option. Give these a try!
- Monterrey cheddar
- Pepper jack
- Hobanero jack cheese
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
More Ways to Use Tater Tots:
- Tater Tot Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe
- Air Fryer Tater Tots Recipe
- Game Day Totchos (Tater Tot Nachos) Recipe
- Slow Cooker Tater Tot Cowboy Casserole Recipe
- Cowboy Casserole (Tater Tot Casserole) Recipe
- BBQ Tater Tot Casserole
Find New Ways to Incorporate Bacon into Family Friendly Recipe:
- Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Bacon Cheese Potatoes Recipe
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza Rolls Recipe
- Slow Cooker Bacon-Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken Recipe
- Cranberry Bacon Jam Crostini Recipe
- Baked Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos Recipe
- Kneader’s Chicken Bacon Avocado Sandwich Recipe
- Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs Recipe
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo French Bread Pizza Recipe
- Bacon Infused Burgers Recipe
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots with Cheese Recipe
- 3 cups Tater Tots thaw to room temp
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese cut into cubes
- 16 ounces bacon
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon horseradish
- ⅓ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon oregano
- pinch black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Hot Sauce Frank's
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut tater tot in half lengthwise and place cheese cube inside. Piece back together and wrap with a piece of bacon. (Cut each bacon strip into thirds) This will keep it together.
- Combine the brown sugar and chili powder in a bowl. Then wrap each bacon wrapped tot in the brown sugar mixture. Place on a cookie sheet seam side down. Just keep making them until you run out of bacon.
- After rolling all the tots bake for 20 minutes. Halfway through cooking time turn them over and finish cooking until the bacon is crispy.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In order to make delicious tater tots you will want to make them either in the oven or the air fryer. The oven and the air fryer will preserve the crispiness of the tots.
- Cutting Board
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- parchment paper
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.