These S’mores Magic Bars are the perfect mix of two popular desserts – S’mores and Magic Cookie Bars.
I am all about a good S’more over the fire, but I don’t always love smelling like campfire smoke. With these S’more Cookie Bars, there is no campfire needed. You can also make these any time of the year which, living in Utah, these S’more bars bring a little taste of summer during the freezing cold months.
They will be great for your 4th of July BBQ, potlucks, or really any fun summer get together. We can’t get enough of these delicious bars. The red, white and blue M&M’s add the perfect touch to the holiday.
However, you can make these for any time of year, using any kind of M&M’s or M&M colors.
I love the patriotic colors with this, but this recipe would work with really any color. You could also use Reese’s Pieces if you want more peanut butter flavor to it.
What else could I use for the crust?
For this recipe, the crust is extremely simple. It’s a simple graham cracker crust with butter and graham crackers. I personally love the graham cracker crust with this recipe. However, if you are wanting to switch it up, there are a few other options. Here are a few we recommend:
- Sugar Cookie Cookie Dough
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- Vanilla Wafer or Teddy Grahams (crushed with butter)
- Vanilla or Chocolate Oreos (crushed with butter)
Really any of these crust bases would be delicious, but I recommend trying the graham cracker crust first.
The perfect chocolate drizzle:
If you are looking to make the perfect chocolate drizzle over these S’more magic bars, here is what I recommend:
- Melt your chocolate chips.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a ziplock bag.
- Snip a small hole in the corner of the ziplock plastic bag.
- Slowly push out the chocolate and swiftly move back and forth to drizzle over the bar.
I usually just use a spoon to drizzle it, but it never turns out as attractive or pretty.
Looking for more s’more recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- S’mores Dessert Pizza
- Gooey Golden Graham S’mores Treats
- Chewy S’mores Bars
- Campfire S’mores Banana Boats
- Reese’s S’mores Skillet Dip