Our Tater Tot Chicken Pot Pie Casserole recipe is a great budget-friendly recipe that you can whip up and even enjoy the leftovers later (if there is any).
Want even more recipe ideas that use already made chicken ?! Try these 45 Cold Chicken Recipes (Best Leftover Chicken Ideas)!
What to serve with Tater Tot Chicken Pot Pie Casserole?
Round out this meal by serving it with Homemade Lion House Rolls Recipe (and Honey Butter), Instant Pot Green Beans, and then finish with our delicious S’mores Dessert Pizza.
Ingredients Needed For Chicken Pot Pie Tater Tot Casserole:
- Cream of chicken condensed soup
- Onion, diced
- Garlic powder
- Cooked chicken pieces
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Frozen tater tots
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie Tater Tot Casserole:
To start, grab your 9×13 inch baking pan and spray it with nonstick cooking spray and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Then, in a large saucepan combine together the cream of chicken soup, milk, butter, diced onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Stir it all together over medium heat until everything is mixed well and heated through.
Once that is done, remove the pan front he heat and stir in the chicken, mixed vegetables, and the shredded cheese.
After everything has been mixed together well, scoop the chicken and veggie mix into the prepared pan.
Spread it out evenly and then top it with the frozen tater tots.
Place the casserole in the oven and bake it for 25-30 minutes or until the casserole begins to bubble.
You will need these kitchen items for this Six Sisters’ casserole:
- 9×13 baking dish (like THIS one)
- Large pot
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Wooden spoon
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
How to turn Tater Tot Chicken Pot Pie into a freezer meal:
If you want to turn this into a freezer meal, prepare the casserole as directed, but place in a freezer-safe pan and cover with aluminum foil instead of cooking it.
You can have it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Then remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 90-100 minutes or until heated all the way through.
NOTE: You could also make this in 2 8×8″ pans and put half of the casserole into the freezer to save for another night and cook the other casserole to enjoy tonight!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
More Budget-Friendly Dinner Recipes:
- Leftover Thanksgiving Dinner Casserole Recipe
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Cornbread Sloppy Joe Casserole Recipe
- Pesto Chicken Pasta Casserole Recipe
- Cowboy Casserole Recipe (Tater Tot Casserole)
- Easy Biscuit Pot Pie Recipe
- Million Dollar Casserole Recipe
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
- Ravioli Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie and Biscuits
Tater Tot Chicken Pot Pie Casserole Recipe
- 21 ½ ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter cut into small pieces
- ½ onion diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded rotisserie chicken works great
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 ounces frozen tater tots
- Spray a 9×13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, combine cream of chicken soup, milk, butter, onion, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Stir together and cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and stir in chicken, mixed vegetables, and cheese.
- Scoop mixture into prepared pan. Top with frozen tater tots.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until casserole starts to bubble.
- If you want to turn this into a freezer meal, prepare casserole as directed, but place in a freezer-safe pan and cover with aluminum foil before baking. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 90-100 minutes or until heated all the way through.
- You could also make this in 2 8×8″ pans and put half of the casserole into the freezer to save for another night and cook the other casserole to enjoy tonight!
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Large Saucepan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.