Our slow cooker bacon cheese potatoes recipe is easily becoming a favorite family recipe! It is a crowd-pleaser for sure. I will be bringing these delicious cheese potatoes to our next get-together.
If you are looking for a way to spice up your dinner this bacon potato recipe is just the easy slow cooker recipe you need. I never have to barter with my kids to get them to eat these potatoes because they have bacon and cheese.
This is a great dish that goes wonderfully with our Marinated Mountain Dew Grilled Chicken, Marinated Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe, or our Marinated Root Beer Grilled Chicken Recipe. Basically, all the chicken recipes will be amazing with these potatoes!
Ingredients Needed For Our Slow Cooker Bacon Cheese Potatoes:
- Diced bacon strips
- Medium Potatoes
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onion
How To Make Our Slow Cooker Bacon Cheese Potatoes:
To begin, get out your slow cooker and line it with aluminum foil.
NOTE: Be sure that when you do this to have excess that you can pull over the top of the potatoes once they are put in the slow cooker. This will help the potatoes to keep from sticking to the slow cooker and provide some added steam!
Then, take half of the chopped up bacon, diced onions, cubed potatoes, and shredded cheese and layer each thing on top of each other.
Make sure to spread it along the whole bottom of the slow cooker.
Next, season the first layer with salt, and pepper the way you’ll like it.
Now, cut one of the tablespoons of butter into small pieces and spread it evenly over top of the first layer of ingredients.
After you are done with the butter, repeat the layers of chopped bacon, diced onion, cubed potatoes, and shredded cheese.
Then, chop up the remaining butter and spread it over top.
Now, fold over the remaining aluminum foil to cover the potato mixture, and place the lid on top of the slow cooker and cook it all on low for 6-8 hours.
When it is done cooking, sprinkle the sliced green onion and serve it up!
To Make This Easy Slow Cooker Recipe You Will Need:
- Slow cooker (THIS is a great one!)
- Aluminum Foil
Turn These Bacon Cheese Potatoes Into a Full Meal
Do you want to turn this into a full meal? Throw in some of your favorite protein into the layers.
I would suggest either some cubed chicken or sausage would be great!
Looking for more side dishes? Here are 60 of our favorite Christmas Dinner Sides to eat with Beef Tenderloin!
What Spud Should You Choose?
While there is quite a variety of potatoes, they are not all equal and used for the same types of recipes. Knowing which type of potato to use for a recipe can make or break the outcome of a recipe.
The taste of Homes gives you all the ins and outs for the best potatoes to use based on the type of recipe you are making! Check it out and see if you know your spuds.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today! DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Budget-Friendly Side Dish Ideas:
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
- Slow Cooker Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Coconut Pecan Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Twice Baked Bacon and Chive Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Skillet Red Potatoes Recipe
- Cheesy Potato Casserole (Funeral Potatoes)
- Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Slow Cooker Bacon Cheese Potatoes Recipe
- 8 strips of bacon diced
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 4 medium potatoes (cut into large cubes)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 green onions sliced
- Line slow cooker with foil, leaving enough foil to cover potatoes when finished (this will help the potatoes not to stick to the edges and to help them steam. It will also keep them from getting mushy.)
- Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in the slow cooker. Season to taste and dot with 1 Tablespoon of butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with 1 Tablespoon of butter.
- Overlap with remaining foil. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
- Be sure that when you do this to have excess that you can pull over the top of the potatoes once they are put in the slow cooker. This will help the potatoes to keep from sticking to the slow cooker and provide some added steam!
- Slow Cooker
- Aluminum Foil
Recipe adapted from CDKitchen.
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.