Chicken bacon shish kabobs are one of the most popular Six Sisters’ recipes yet! It is the perfect summer dinner recipe that you can make on your grill in no time.
I’m not sure if you knew you can grill bacon, but you most definitely can, and you should! With the chicken wrapped in bacon, you get the most delicious, juicy, and flavorful chicken kabobs.
You can make these shish kabobs up ahead of time and pull them out when you are ready to get them grilling. They are always a hit at get togethers during the summer so make sure you make them for your next party!
Ingredients Needed For Our Chicken Bacon Shish Kabobs:
- Soy sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Minced green onions
- Boneless chicken breast
How To Make Our Chicken Bacon Shish Kabobs:
Making the chicken kabobs are fairly simple to prepare and make up.
Start by getting out a large mixing bowl and pour in the soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, honey, olive oil, and minced green onion and mix it all together.
Then, place the chopped up bite-sized chicken pieces, and any veggies you might want to grill too!
Turn the chicken in the marinade to make sure it is completely coated.
Cover the bowl with foil or plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for at least an hour but could be overnight too!
PRO TIP: The longer it marinates, the more flavor the chicken will have.
Turn on the grill and preheat it to high heat.
While the grill is heating up, wrap the pieces of chicken with bacon and thread the skewer through the chicken until it is full.
Make sure to get the bacon skewered as well so it does not fall off.
Then using another skewer for the veggies since they will take less time to cook.
Place the skewers on the grill and allow the chicken and bacon to cook for 15-20 minutes.
While the chicken cooks, occasionally brush the remaining marinade on the kabobs until the bacon is crispy and the juices from the chicken run clear.
To Make This Perfect Summer Dinner Recipe You Will Need:
- Large mixing bowl (THIS is a great set of bowls!)
- Basting brush
What Can I Use In Place of Soy Sauce?
Not everyone likes to use soy sauce, or even the taste of it. There are a few other options you can choose from to replace it with. However, there will be a little bit of change to the flavor of the chicken.
But, if you would like to switch out the soy sauce Pure Wow has a great list of the best substitutes for soy sauce. Pick your favorite and enjoy a great marinade.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Enjoy These Other Flavorful Chicken Kabob Recipes:
- Grilled Island Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- Greek Chicken Kabobs
- Grilled Sweet and Sour Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- Sesame Asian Steak Skewers
- Mediterranean Pork Kabobs
Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs Recipe
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 green onions minced
- 3 boneless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ pound strips of bacon cup in half
- In a large bowl, mix together soy sauce, cider vinegar, honey, oil and green onions. Place chicken and veggies into the mixture, stir to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge at least one hour (the more time, the better the flavor!).
- Preheat grill on high heat. Wrap the chicken chunks with bacon and thread onto skewers so that the bacon is secured. Skewer the veggies also (I did the meat and veggies separate because they cook at different speeds).
- Arrange skewers on the grill. Cook 15-20 minutes, brushing occasionally with the remaining soy sauce mixture, until bacon is crisp and juices are clear.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- basting brush
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.