What other dishes could I serve as side dishes?
We are all about making dinner easy, and that includes side dishes. Here are a few side dishes, that would pair perfectly with these kabobs:
- Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- Mango Chili Shrimp
- Easy Southwest Salad
- Grilled Caramelized Brown Sugar Pineapple
- Fresh Fruit Salad with Citrus Glaze
Would turkey bacon work, instead of pork bacon?
For this recipe, we used pork bacon (from a pig). However, I am a huge fan of Turkey bacon, and I am sure that it would work just as well.
However, turkey bacon is packaged as “pre-cooked”, it really just needs heating up. I am sure it will be a little more dry than the pork bacon, because the pork bacon has a lot more fat, and juices to it.
If you do use turkey bacon instead of pork bacon, we recommend cooking your kabobs, on low, and slow, to keep your turkey bacon from drying out. This will also create more moist chicken.
Watch how to make another delicious grilled chicken recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Grilled Lemon Chicken is so easy to make and tastes amazing. If you need a quick and healthy dinner idea, I highly recommend this one.
Looking for more grilling recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Grilled Tilapia Tacos
- Mom’s Grilled 7 Up Chicken
- Mediterranean Grilled Pork Kabobs
- Grilled Pork Loin Medallions
- Mexican Grilled Salmon
Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs Recipe
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 green onions minced
- 3 boneless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ pound strips of bacon cup in half
- In a large bowl, mix together soy sauce, cider vinegar, honey, oil and green onions. Place chicken and veggies into the mixture, stir to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge at least one hour (the more time, the better the flavor!).
- Preheat grill on high heat. Wrap the chicken chunks with bacon and thread onto skewers so that the bacon is secured. Skewer the veggies also (I did the meat and veggies separate because they cook at different speeds).
- Arrange skewers on the grill. Cook 15-20 minutes, brushing occasionally with the remaining soy sauce mixture, until bacon is crisp and juices are clear.
- Mixing Bowl
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!