Tater tot nachos = game day totchos!
We combined some of our favorite nacho toppings with crispy tater tots and these “TOTCHOS” were born.
Unlike chips, tater tots don’t get soggy, so you get a perfectly crunchy bite every time.
You only need simple ingredients for these Game Day Totchos:
- Tater tots
- Cheddar cheese
- Queso blanco
- Pico de gallo
- Crumbled bacon
- Green onions
Do you need to fry your tater tots?
Nope! This recipe follows the “baking directions” for tater tots.
You can fry your tater tots for an even bigger crunch (just skip the first baking part and follow the frying directions), but it’s not necessary.
Can you use homemade queso on these Game Day Totchos?
Yes! You can definitely use homemade queso (we love this queso blanco recipe).
This is the kind of queso we used for this recipe, but any kind will do (it doesn’t need to be queso blanco, either).
How to make totchos
Step 1: Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread tater tots on an even layer, then bake according to package directions.
Step 2: Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and drizzle queso blanco over top.
Step 3: Sprinkle pico de gallo, bacon, and green onions on top.
Step 4: Return to the oven for 3-4 minutes, until cheese is melted and warm.
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
More perfect game day recipes:
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Hawaiian Chicken Meatballs
- Cheesy Mushroom Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
- Loaded Baked Potato Skins
Game Day Totchos (Tater Tot Nachos) Recipe
- 32 ounces tater tots
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup Queso Blanco sauce
- ½ cup Pico De Gallo
- 6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions sliced
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Spread tater tots on an even layer, then bake according to package directions.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and drizzle Queso Blanco over top.
- Sprinkle Pico de Gallo, bacon, and green onions on top.
- Return to the oven for 3-4 minutes, until cheese is melted and warm.
- You can fry your tater tots for an even bigger crunch (just skip the first baking part and follow the frying directions), but it’s not necessary.
- Baking Sheet