You’ll go crazy of these gooey and chewy Rolo Chocolate Chip Bars! They are a spin off of our Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, but this time we loaded them with Rolos!
It’s a great combo of a chocolate chip cookie bar loaded with Rolo candies in the center. Perfect for any party, family get together, or dessert night! Don’t plan on any leftovers, these go fast!
Rolo Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened to room temp
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 18 ounces Rolo Candies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together softened butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well blended. Then add in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for about 20 minutes.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan (I used a glass pan)
- Spread half of the dough to cover the bottom of the pan. I just spread it around with my fingertips. You may need to use just a little more than half of the dough to get coverage.
- Then lay the unwrapped Rolo candies all over the dough with right side up. I place them 7 Rolos across and 11 Rolos down in the 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Then flatten small portions of the remaining cookie dough and place all over the Rolos to cover them up. I used my fingers to mold the dough around a little for better coverage. It's ok if you can see a little bit of Rolos because the dough will expand upon cooking.
- Bake at 350 for 22 - 25 minutes. These will be golden brown. You want them to be set in the center and when a toothpick is inserted it will come out clean.
- Cool for about 30-45 minutes to set up before slicing.
- Mixing Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan