Happy Valentine’s Day!
This recipe is perfect if you want a delicious meal but don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking in the kitchen!
Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken Recipe
A tasty chicken dish that cooks all day in the slow cooker. You'll love this and want to add it to your dinner rotation.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, apple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, water and soy sauce. Pour sauce on top of chicken.
- Replace lid and cook 6-8 hours on low. Remove chicken and shred or cut into chunks.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup cornstarch with 1/4 cup of sauce from the crock pot. Whisk together and pour back into the crock pot to thicken the sauce.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker and let warm until ready to serve. Serve over rice and garnish with additional red pepper flakes.
Calories: 160 kcal · Carbohydrates: 18 g · Protein: 17 g · Fat: 2 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 48 mg · Sodium: 611 mg · Potassium: 348 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 11 g · Vitamin A: 73 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 17 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Slow Cooker
- Mixing Bowl
(Recipe adapted from Fake Ginger)