Our Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu will become your go-to crock pot recipe.
Our family loves chicken cordon bleu, but being a busy mom, I decided to find an easier way we could enjoy it.
So we came up with this amazing slow cooker method.
This recipe is so simple to make and tastes like you’ve spent all day in the kitchen.
Most Chicken Cordon Bleu recipes are baked in the oven (we have a delicious oven-baked recipe Chicken Cordon Bleu if you would rather try that!).
This recipe doesn’t take a lot of ingredients, and you really can’t go wrong in preparing it.
Follow these step by step instructions and you can enjoy a delicious slow cooker chicken cordon bleu dinner in a few hours.
Ingredients needed for Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu:
- cream of chicken soup
- chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
- sliced deli ham
- sliced Swiss cheese
- herbed dry bread stuffing mix (I used Stove Top)
How to make Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu:
Mix together the cream of chicken soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour enough of the soup into a slow cooker to cover the bottom.
Layer chicken breasts over the sauce.
Cover with slices of ham and then Swiss cheese.
Pour the remaining soup over the layers, stirring a little to distribute between layers.
Sprinkle the stuffing on top, and drizzle butter over stuffing.
Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or high for 2-3 hours (we recommend the low setting, but you would cook it on high if you are short on time).
Want another delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe? Try our Ritz Chicken (it’s our most popular recipe of all time!).
How to keep chicken moist in the slow cooker:
Cooking lean meat for an extended length of time will result in dry meat.
Chicken breasts have very little fat, so low and slow is the best cooking method in the slow cooker.
We have just found that the slower method of cooking it on low results in a little moister chicken.
Watch us on our YouTube channel:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
More chicken recipes:
Here are more slow cooker chicken recipes that turn out moist and delicious. These recipes are all very simple and take little prep time.
- Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
- Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Hula Chicken
- Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken
- Slow Cooker Swiss Cheese Chicken
- Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Slow Cooker Bourbon Chicken Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup (10.75 ounce can)
- 1 cup milk
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 box herbed dry bread stuffing mix (Stove Top; 8 ounce box)
- ¼ cup butter
- Mix together the cream of chicken soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour enough of the soup into a slow cooker to cover the bottom.
- Layer chicken breasts over the sauce. Cover with slices of ham and then Swiss cheese.
- Pour the remaining soup over the layers, stirring a little to distribute between layers.
- Sprinkle the stuffing on top, and drizzle butter over stuffing.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or high for 2-3 hours.
- This dish tastes the best when you can cook it on low for about 4 hours. Any more than that and the chicken will dry out.
- I don’t recommend leaving this in your slow cooker on warm for too long after the 4 hours are finished, just because the chicken will start to dry out. I would recommend serving it pretty quickly after it finishes cooking.
- Slow Cooker
- small bowl
If you try one of our recipes, be sure to post about it on Instagram and tag it with #sixsistersstuff so we can share your work!