I’m still pretty new to my Instant Pot, but I am already loving it more than I expected I would!
One thing I am loving about my Instant Pot is the SAUTE feature. I can brown my meat, cook my onions, and soften my peppers in the same place I simmer my chili. It makes for very delicious food, and less dishes.
I’ve mainly been using my Instant Pot for main dishes and a few soups, but I wanted to mix it up and try out a side dish. I had heard rice was pretty simple, but I had no idea how fast this would come together!
WHAT INSTANT POT DO I USE?
I have the Instant Pot Duo Pressure Cooker. It’s basically 6 appliances in 1 – pressure cooker, rice cooker, saute, steamer, slow cooker and warmer.
Tips for making Lemon Rice Pilaf in the Instant Pot
- We recommend rinsing your rice before cooking. Just rinsing in cold water in a bowl for a few minutes works great.
- Freeze dried garlic is great for this recipe and rehydrates really fast in the butter! Fresh works as well, but if you’re looking to avoid a smelly garlic kitchen, we use our freeze dried garlic almost every single day!
- Make sure your butter heats up before you add your rice and garlic. This will keep your rice from starting to cook in the butter, and just saute it a little before cooking in the broth.
- We like cooking our rice in the butter and lemon juice for a great flavor. Fresh lemon juice tastes the best and you can use the zest to top your rice afterwards.
- We like to add our lemon juice before we add our chicken broth and give it a good stir to make sure every piece of rice is really coated in lemon. I’m not sure if this makes a huge difference, but so far we have loved it!
- You’ll need at least one cup of liquid for each one cup of rice, but this recipe can easily be doubled. Just make sure to double your liquid.
- Make sure your valve is set to “sealing’ before you set your timer, otherwise your Instant Pot won’t pressurize and your rice won’t cook (speaking from experience!)
Looking to cut down on carbs? Try our Spanish Cauliflower Rice!
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER FAVORITE INSTANT POT RECIPES
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!