If you love Chinese food, this is one of the best ground turkey recipes we have on our blog!
Ingredients needed for Chinese ground turkey stir-fry:
- ground turkey
- fresh mushrooms
- green beans
- rice vinegar
- hoisin sauce
- soy sauce
- brown sugar
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- black pepper
- onion powder
Could I use ground beef with this recipe?
Ground beef works great in this recipe!
Just follow the same instructions, making sure to fully cook the ground beef in the skillet.
For this recipe, I would recommend a leaner ground beef – the sauce doesn’t stick as well to the meat when it’s a fattier percentage because of the additional grease.
How do I brown ground turkey?
Heat stove to medium high heat. Place your meat in a non-stick skillet.
Using a metal spatula grind up the meat, by cutting it with the sharp edge. You could also use my favorite kitchen tool – a chop stir! As you chop the ground turkey, be sure you are flipping and rotating it.
This will keep the meat from staying in one place and burning.
Continue to chop, flip, and rotate the meat around the pan until your ground turkey is in little bits, as much as you prefer it to be, and there is no pink. The meat will be a lot lighter in color than ground beef.
Once it looks like your meat has been cooked through, I like to rinse it in water to get rid of any fatty grease – but rinsing and draining is completely up to you.
What could I use instead of green beans?
If you are not a green beans fan, there are plenty of alternatives you could use.
I personally like to steam broccoli with my stir fry, but you could also use shredded carrots, thinly sliced or cubed sweet potatoes, zucchini, squash, asparagus, corn, or any of your favorite vegetables.
You could even add multiple vegetables to this recipe and it would taste delicious.
Could I use frozen vegetables?
While it won’t be quite the same, you could still use frozen vegetables if that is all you have available.
If you use a microwavable frozen vegetable bag, we recommend either microwaving it, and adding it to the finished dish, or keeping it frozen, and letting it cook in the pan, with the other ingredients.
We don’t recommend microwaving it then adding it to the pan to cook with the other ingredients. The texture will be a little funny and your vegetables may get a little burned.
Looking for more ground turkey recipes?
- Sweet and Savory Turkey Meatballs
- Ground Turkey Sausage Ravioli Soup
- Ground Turkey Spaghetti Sauce
- Ground Turkey Lasagna Stuffed Peppers
- Slow Cooker Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes
Chinese Ground Turkey and Green Bean Stir-Fry (Healthy) Recipe
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion salt
- 16 ounces fresh cut green beans 1 package
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar until well combined; set aside.
- Spray a large frying pan with nonstick cooking spray and place on the stove top over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey and minced garlic to the pan.
- Sprinkle the garlic salt, pepper, and onion salt over the meat.
- Add half of the liquid mixture to the pan so the juices cook in with the meat.
- Cook the meat, breaking it up, for about 15 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Set the meat aside, and place the green beans and mushrooms into the pan and drizzle the olive oil over it.
- Cook until the mushrooms are a shiny brown and the green beans soften and reach desired tenderness.
- Add the meat back into the pan and pour the rest of the liquid mixture over the meat, mushrooms and beans.
- Cook until the juice is well incorporated.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- small bowl
- Large Frying pan
- Wooden Spoon
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
Questions & Reviews