For an easy chicken breast recipe, look no further than this slow cooker chicken enchilada pasta recipe. Plus, to make things even easier you can make up our easy shredded chicken recipe, and use it right away in this orzo recipe.
You know those days when you want to eat something that is tasty, but doesn’t take a lot of energy, and is also not the same ole same ole spaghetti recipe, that is when you need this recipe. It is the best slow cooker recipe for making chicken enchilada pasta.
When you use orzo for the pasta in this enchilada recipe, you don’t have to worry about cutting anything up. Simply mix everything together, scoop and serve!
Great sides to serve with our enchilada pasta recipe are our cheesy garlic texas toast, Texas Roadhouse rolls, 30 minute homemade rolls, or our homemade Lion House rolls recipe. Basically anything you can dip will be great!
Ingredients You Need to Make This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Pasta Recipe:
- Diced tomatoes
- Canned corn, drained
- Drained and rinsed black beans
- Mild enchilada sauce
- Diced green chilies
- Chicken broth
- Cooked and shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works great or our shredded chicken recipe)
- Chili powder
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Cream cheese
- Uncooked orzo pasta
- Enchilada toppings
How To Make This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Pasta Recipe:
When you are ready to begin this recipe, make sure that your chicken is already cooked, as the amount for this slow cooker recipe does not take into account the time to cook the chicken necessarily.
After you have all of your ingredients prepared, get out your slow cooker and place the diced tomatoes, drained can of corn, drained and rinsed black beans, mild enchilada sauce, diced green chilies, chicken broth, shredded chicken, chili powder, cumin, fresh cilantro, and cut cream cheese in the bottom.
After everything (except the orzo) is in the slow cooker, turn it on either high heat for 3-4 hours or low heat for 6-8 hours. Essentially until all the ingredients are warm and the cream cheese is melted.
Then, remove the lid from the slow cooker and pour in the orzo pasta and mix it all together.
Now, place the lid back on the slow cooker and turn it to high heat for 15-30 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked all the way through.
If you notice there isn’t much liquid in the slow cooker, add 2-3 tablespoons of chicken broth at a time to make sure there is enough liquid to cook the orzo pasta.
Once the pasta is cooked all the way, give everything a good stir, and then scoop the enchilada pasta into bowls and then top it with some of your favorite enchilada toppings.
To Make Chicken Pasta Slow Cooker Recipe You Will Need:
- Slow cooker (we like to use THIS one)
- Can opener
- Cutting board
Homemade Chicken Broth
Have you ever made homemade chicken broth? I think it sounds more daunting than it really is. Once you get the hang of it, it is a great thing to know, especially if you love canning!
A great recipe to use is from Taste of Home. Their homemade chicken broth recipe is great and has wonderful instructions, especially for beginners!
Tasty Toppings for Enchilada Pasta
Get creative with your enchilada pasta and put all of your favorite toppings on and enjoy!
Here are some of our favorite toppings for our enchilada:
- Tortilla strips/ crunched up tortilla chips
- Fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Did You Know There is More Than One Way to Make an Enchilada Recipe in the Slow Cooker?!
- Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Stack Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup (Cafe Zupas Copycat) Recipe
Sides that Pair Well with Enchilada Recipes:
- Cheesy Garlic Green Beans Recipe
- Copycat Disneyland Chili Lime Corn on the Cob Recipe
- Parmesan Lemon Asparagus Recipe
- Instant Pot Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe
- Easy Homemade Cornbread Recipe
- Layered Cobb Salad Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Pasta Recipe
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 15 ounces canned corn drained, (1 can)
- 15 ounces canned black beans drained and rinsed, (1 can)
- 10 ounces mild enchilada sauce (1 can)
- 4 ounces diced green chilies (1 can)
- ¾ cup chicken broth (or more, as needed)
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works great or our shredded chicken recipe)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (plus more for topping, if desired)
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut into small pieces
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta (this is the kind I used)
- favorite enchilada toppings
- Place all ingredients into the slow cooker EXCEPT for the orzo pasta.
- Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or low heat for 6-8 hours – just until ingredients are warmed through and cream cheese is melted.
- Remove the lid, pour in the orzo pasta, and mix together all the ingredients until everything is completely incorporated.
- Put the lid back on and continue to cook on high for 15-30 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. Add more chicken broth as needed (adding a couple of Tablespoons at a time) to make sure that the pasta has enough liquid to cook thoroughly.
- When pasta is ready, mix everything together and scoop into bowls. Top with your favorite enchilada toppings (salsa, guacamole, fresh cilantro, sour cream, etc).
- Enchilada toppings are not included in nutritional information
- Slow Cooker
- Can Opener
- Cutting Board
Recipe adapted from Slow Cooker Gourmet
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.