Our Hawaiian Chicken Rice Bowls are the perfect way to kick enjoy every big of warmer weather you’ve got.
The warmer it gets, the more I crave the beach, which reminds me of Hawaii. There is nothing better than sitting on the beach in Hawaii, soaking up some sun rays, and eating a fresh, juicy pineapple.
I decided I would bring some of the islands to my home with these amazing Hawaiian Bowls.
They are simple to make, healthy, and tastes amazing. Now all I need is a Pineapple Dole Whip and some sand, and it will really feel like Hawaii.
I love all the fresh and delicious ingredients in this recipe.
You can use frozen vegetables or pineapple, but I love the taste of the fresh vegetables. We also have an amazing Vegetable Stir Fry recipe that tastes amazing with the chicken and pineapple.
I don’t handle spice very well, so these bell pepper slices are perfect for me. They are sweet, full of flavor and go perfectly with this dish.
We also love putting these peppers in our favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Tostadas.
It marinates in the sweetest pineapple marinade that you are going to want to drink.
If you are looking for a taste of the islands, and something healthy, we highly recommend these Hawaiian Bowls. They are the perfect lunch or dinner, and perfect for every picky eater.
Looking for more rice bowls? Try our Instant Pot Spicy Chicken and Rice Bowls!
Watch how to make another grilled chicken recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for more grilling recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Grilled BBQ Pork Skewers
- Marinated Mt. Dew Grilled Chicken
- Mom’s Secret Recipe: 7 Up Grilled Chicken
- Marinated Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Grilled Caramelized Brown Sugar Pineapple
Hawaiian Chicken Rice Bowls Recipe
- 5 cups teriyaki marinade
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 2 zucchini
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 fresh pineapple sliced into spears
- 6 cups white rice cooked
- In a gallon bag, combine teriyaki marinade and coconut milk.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bag and marinade your chicken for 8-24 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Saute the bell peppers and zucchini in a saucepan over medium-high heat until tender.
- Meanwhile, place chicken on grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- For the pineapple glaze, combine brown sugar and honey in a small bowl until fully combined.
- Place the pineapple spears on the grill and brush them with the brown sugar and honey mixture.
- Rotate pineapple and continue to glaze with the mixture, and grill each side for about 2 minutes.
- Once the chicken and pineapple are done grilling, remove from the grill.
- Assemble bowls by filling each bowl with one cup of rice and top with vegetables, chicken, pineapple spears and drizzle on teriyaki sauce, as desired.
- Gallon Bag