This recipe couldn’t be more simple. If you are feeling adventurous, you could make your own Kung Pao sauce, but the Panda Express bottle that I used was delicious. It did have a little kick, but my kids still ate it!
Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 18.75 ounces Kung Pao sauce
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 bunch green onions diced
- 8 ounces water chestnuts drained
- ¼ cup peanuts optional
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and place chicken inside.
- Pour bottle of Kung Pao sauce on top and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high 3-4 hours. For the last 30 minutes of cooking*, turn the slow cooker to high (if it isn't on high already) and add diced bell peppers, water chestnuts, and peanuts.
- After finished cooking, remove chicken breasts and cut into bite-sized pieces. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir until chicken is completely covered in sauce.
- Serve over white or brown rice if desired.
- Slow Cooker