If you love quick and easy dinner recipe, this slow cooker Kung Pao chicken dinner is what you need! It really can not get easier than this slow cooker chicken recipe.
It is perfect for an easy dinner, but you’ll feel like you’re eating a takeout recipe at home. Basically it’s like having Panda Express Kung Pao chicken, but without the price tag and drive thru line.
This easy slow cooker recipe is great for when you want something simple during the weekend when you just want a dinner you don’t have to do much for. It does have a little bit of spice, but our kids still like it.
Slow cooker Kung Pao chicken has even become a favorite family dinner recipe, especially when I serve it with some Hawaiian Luau Fried Rice, Instant Pot Steamed Vegetables, and you cannot go wrong with M&M Cookie Pie for dessert!
Ingredients Needed For This Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken Recipe:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kung Pao sauce (THIS is the kind we used)
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Green onions
- Water chestnuts
How To Make This Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken Recipe:
Begin by getting out your slow cooker and spray it down with nonstick cooking spray to keep the chicken from sticking to the bottom.
Once the slow cooker is prepped, place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Then, pour the bottle of the Kung Pao sauce on top of the chicken in the slow cooker and turn the cooker on low for 5-6 hours or high for about 3-4 hours.
In the last 30 minutes of cooking, turn the slow cooker on high if it isn’t already and then add in the diced bell peppers, water chestnuts (drained), and peanuts and mix it all together.
When that is done cooking, remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
Once all the chicken is cut, return it to the slow cooker and stir it all back together until it is all covered in the tasty Kung Pao sauce.
Then serve it over cooked white or brown rice and enjoy!
To Make This Easy Slow Cooker Recipe You Will Need:
- Slow cooker
- Cutting board
- Serving spoon
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
DIY Kung Pao Sauce:
For this recipe we tried to make it super simple by using the Panda Express bottle of Kung Pao sauce but you are more than welcome to make your sauce instead.
If you choose to make your own, give the Kung Pao sauce recipe from China Sichuan Food in it’s place and let us know how you like it!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
We Have So Many Amazing Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes, Make Sure to Give Them A Try:
- Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Gyros Recipe
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Alfredo Pesto Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Recipe
Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 18.75 ounces Kung Pao sauce
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 bunch green onions diced
- 8 ounces water chestnuts drained
- ¼ cup peanuts optional
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and place chicken inside.
- Pour bottle of Kung Pao sauce on top and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high 3-4 hours. For the last 30 minutes of cooking*, turn the slow cooker to high (if it isn't on high already) and add diced bell peppers, water chestnuts, and peanuts.
- After finished cooking, remove chicken breasts and cut into bite-sized pieces. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir until chicken is completely covered in sauce.
- Serve over white or brown rice if desired.
- Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Serving Spoon
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews