One of my favorite dishes to order at a restaurant is chicken Parmesan and now you can make it at home in your slow cooker!
I love how easy this recipe is to throw together and that you still get the same end result (plus your house smells fabulous all day while it simmers)!
Related recipe: If you love this slow cooker chicken parmesan recipe, be sure to try our SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STROGANOFF. It’s absolutely amazing.
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Recipe
You'll love this easy slow cooker version of Chicken Parmesan.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 23 ounces marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh basil optional topping
- 10 ounces pasta cooked
- Spread the olive oil into the bottom of your crock pot.
- Beat the egg with a fork in a separate bowl.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the seasonings and the grated Parmesan cheese in another separate dish.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides with crumbs, cheese and seasonings. Place the chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Layer half of the shredded mozzarella cheese on top (about 3/4 cup of shredded cheese).
- Cover chicken and cheese with entire jar of marinara sauce. Close lid and cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3.
- About 30 minutes before serving, sprinkle remaining shredded mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese over top of sauce and place the lid back on top of the slow cooker to let it finish cooking and allowing cheese to melt.
- Top with chopped fresh basil and serve over cooked pasta.
Calories: 337 kcal · Carbohydrates: 16 g · Protein: 28 g · Fat: 18 g · Saturated Fat: 7 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 101 mg · Sodium: 1348 mg · Potassium: 741 mg · Fiber: 3 g · Sugar: 8 g · Vitamin A: 1019 IU · Vitamin C: 11 mg · Calcium: 242 mg · Iron: 3 mg
- Slow Cooker
(Recipe from A Year of Slow Cooking)