I love making this Cashew Chicken Skillet Stir-Fry recipe, especially on the weekends! It makes a lot so I can have leftovers for the next day!
Plus it satisfies my fast food cravings without having to leave the house and a healthy dinner idea. And of course, the whole family loves it so I never have to bribe my kids to eat it, that is always a plus, making this a great family dinner recipe. 😉
It’s also nice because you will have most everything you’ll need to make this, especially if you’ve ever tried to make a stir-fry skillet recipe before. I’m always looking for great and new chicken breast recipes to switch it up a bit and this is a great recipe for that.
Ingredients Needed For Our Cashew Chicken Skillet Stir-Fry Recipe:
- Olive oil
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Minced garlic
- Broccoli florets
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- Sugar snap peas
- Shredded carrots
- Green onions
Homemade Sauce Ingredients:
- Reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Natural peanut butter
- Sesame oil
- Ground ginger
How To Make Our Cashew Chicken Skillet Stir-Fry Recipe:
Get out your largest skillet and place it on the stovetop and turn the heat on high and add in some olive oil.
While that is going, chop up your chicken and season it with salt and pepper.
Once you are done with that, add the chicken and cashews to the skillet (you can also wait to add the cashews at the end if you prefer also).
Cook the chicken for about 4-5 minutes while stirring it occasionally.
Then, add in the minced garlic along with the chicken and continue cooking everything for another 30 seconds.
Don’t worry your chicken isn’t supposed to be done cooking yet! 😉
Then, add in the peppers, broccoli, sugar snap peas, and shredded carrots to the chicken and continue to cook everything for another 5-7 minutes or until the veggies are tender and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
While that is cooking, take a medium sized mixing bowl and mix together all of the sauce ingredients until it is well combined.
After you have the sauce made up, pour it into the skillet with the chicken and vegetables.
Continue cooking the chicken, vegetables, and sauce until everything is hot and ready to eat!
Now all you have to do is serve and enjoy your tasty meal!
To Make This Easy Cashew Chicken Skillet Stir-Fry Dinner Recipe You Will Need:
Yum Yum Sauce
We all know about that delicious white sauce they serve at stake houses, well why not make your own for this delicious skillet recipe?!
The Salty Marshmallow has a delicious version of homemade Yum Yum sauce that you can make from everything you already have at home! How awesome is that, no need to buy this grocery store anymore.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Break-In Your Skillet With These Delicious Recipes:
- Tex-Mex Ground Turkey and Rice Skillet Recipe
- Chicken Pesto and Asparagus Skillet Recipe
- Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Skillet Recipe
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Easy 20-Minute Skillet Lasagna Recipe
Cashew Chicken Skillet Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup cashews (preferably unsalted or low sodium)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 5 green onions sliced
- 6 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 Tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Place a large skillet on the stove top. Heat skillet to medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add the chicken and cashews to the skillet (I like to add the cashews at the same time as the chicken, but you can add them in at the end if you prefer).
- Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally, then add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds more (the chicken will not be fully cooked yet – that's okay!).
- Add in all the vegetables and saute for 5-7 minutes (or until all the vegetables are tender and the chicken is fully cooked to 165 degrees internal temperature).
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the homemade sauce and drizzle over the chicken and vegetables.
- Mix everything together and continue to cook in skillet until everything is heated through.
- Serve or portion into meal prep containers.
- This meal works great for meal prep – just make as directed and then divide evenly into portioned containers. Stays great in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Large Skillet
- Medium Mixing Bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.