Can you imagine a world without this Instant Pot chicken fried rice recipe? You might say yes now, but not after you try it! This is the best Instant Pot chicken fried rice recipe you will find.
With this Instant Pot fried rice recipe you will taste the perfect balance of the soy sauce and the sesame oil that make this dish stand out. It truly is just that good!
Not to mention, when you use our Instant Pot shredded chicken recipe to prepare for this easy chicken fried rice recipe, you will cut down on all the mess and the time you need to make our fried rice.
If you don’t happen to have an Instant Pot, you can still enjoy some delicious fried rice with our Chinese chicken fried rice recipe. Some people might even say better than take out. It’s me, I’m some people. 😉 You can serve either of these tasty fried rice recipes with our baked avocado eggs rolls and find yourself full and happy!
Want even more recipe ideas that use already made chicken ?! Try these 45 Cold Chicken Recipes (Best Leftover Chicken Ideas)!
Ingredients You Need to For Our Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice Recipe:
- White rice
- Tsted sesame oil
- Finely diced onion
- Frozen peas and carrots mixture
- Diced (or shredded) cooked chicken
- Lite soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions
- Sesame seeds
How To Make Our Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice Recipe:
When you are ready to make this Instant Pot chicken recipe, first make sure to have cooked your chicken as this recipe does not use raw chicken.
Then, rice your white rice and then place it in the bottom of the Instant Pot and add in the water.
Now place the lid on top and turn the valve to the SEALING position and press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOk button and set the timer to 4 minutes.
When the time is up, let the Instant Pot do a natural release of the pressure for 10 minutes and then turn the valve to the VENTING position afterwards to release any remaining pressure.
Take off the lid and fluff the rice up a bit and then remove the rice from the inner pot and store it in a bowl and cover it with tinfoil and press the CANCEL button.
Carefully remove the inner pot and give it a quick rinse to remove any remaining rice particles and then place it back in the Instant Pot.
Now add the toasted sesame oil to the Instant Pot and press the SAUTE button.
After the oil gets hot, add in the diced onion and let it saute for about 2 minutes.
Next you need to add in the frozen peas and carrots, shredded chicken, and the butter to the Instant Pot and let it cook for another 2 minutes, making sure to stir it and scraping the bottom of the pot.
When the 2 minutes is up, scrape the ingredients to one side of the pan and then pour in the beaten eggs.
Carefully stir the eggs while they cook and become like scrambled eggs.
Once they reach the scrambled egg consistency, fold the rest of the ingredients into the eggs and continue cooking everything together until it is all warm.
Now, turn the Instant Pot off by pressing the CANCEL button and then add the cooked rice, soy sauce, sesame seeds, salt and pepper to the pot and mix it all together.
Then serve it in a bowl with the sliced green onion and sesame seeds for garnish and dig in!
To Make Our Instant Pot Chicken Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot
- Wooden spatula
- Yogurt strainer or mesh strainer (THIS works great for rinsing the rice)
Do You Normally Rinse Rice?
For this recipe we make sure to rinse the rice! It is not always super convenient but it is worth the hassle. Do you normally rinse your rice before you cook it?
Well Real Simple goes over why you should rinse your rice and how to do it. You might not think it will make a difference, but it truly does! So be sure not to skip this step to make the best chicken fried rice.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
What Other Recipes Can You Make With Chicken in Your Instant Pot? Here are a Few Favorites!
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken and Gravy Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Carnitas Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortellini and Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 cups white rice rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 10 ounces frozen peas and carrots mixture
- 1½ pounds diced cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken works great or our Instant Pot shredded chicken – https://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/the-best-instant-pot-shredded-chicken-recipe-freezer-meal/)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sliced green onions optional garnish
- sesame seeds optional garnish
- Add rinsed rice and water to the bottom of the Instant Pot, then secure the lid, making sure the valve is on SEALING not venting.
- Press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 4 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then do a quick-release of the remaining pressure.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, then remove the rice to a separate bowl and cover loosely with foil.
- Rinse the pot liner (just get any stuck rice grains out–you don’t need to wash it out completely).
- Add toasted sesame oil to the Instant Pot. Press the CANCEL button and then press the SAUTE button.
- When oil gets hot, add onion to the pot and saute 2 minutes
- Add peas, carrots, chicken and butter to the pot and cook and stir for another 2 minutes, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Push ingredients to the side of the pot and add beaten eggs. Cook, stirring constantly, until the egg begins to set, then fold into the vegetable and chicken mixture until egg is cooked through.
- Turn the pot off by pressing the CANCEL button, then fold in the cooked rice, soy sauce and sesame seeds. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve warm with sliced green onions and additional sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.
- For this recipe we make sure to rinse the rice! It is not always super convenient but it is worth the hassle.
- Instant Pot
- Wooden Spatula
- Yogurt Strainer or mesh strainer
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.