What could i replace the ritz crackers with?
These cookies taste absolutely amazing with the ritz crackers. If they are freaking you out a little bit, don’t panic, just give them a shot.
However, if you know you just aren’t a fan and want to replace them with something else, we have a few ideas for you.
Again, we recommend the ritz crackers, but here are some alternative that would taste just as delicious:
–Graham Crackers: These would be delicious with this mixture. The texture is also extremely alike, so you won’t be able to tell much of a difference.
They definitely won’t have any of that salt flavor, that tastes delicious with these, but they will still be yummy, just more sweet tasting.
–Pretzels: If you are looking to find that sweet and savory combination, we highly recommend using pretzels.
You could use any size or shape of pretzels, when making this recipe. I prefer the classic twisted pretzel shape, but you could use sticks, rods, or bits.
Saltine Crackers: These are similar to Ritz crackers, but we have found that more people tend to have these on hand. If you are looking for a quick and inexpensive substitute, salting crackers will do the trick.
could i make these using mint chips?
You could most definitely make these using mint chips. However, if they are mint chocolate chips, we prefer those. They taste better with a hint of chocolate to them.
Either one would work, but we find it easiest and best for us, to add the mint extract. If you don’t love mint, you could also just dip them in milk chocolate, and they would still be delicious.
watch how to make a similar dessert here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it, specifically with you in mind. It has all our family favorite recipes, that we wanted to share with you.
We know how difficult it can be to make a recipe, without ever trying or seeing it before, which is why we created our channel.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you can trust even the pickiest eaters, will love it.
Watch how to make our simple and delicious Saltine Cracker English Toffee, here:
Candy making has never been so simple.
looking for more holiday cookie recipes? Here are a few of our favorite:
Easy Chocolate Thin Mint Ritz Crackers Cookies Recipe
- 1 pound dipping chocolate or 1 package of milk chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon mint extract
- 30 Ritz Crackers
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper - this makes it easier to transfer cookies to a cool place so they will set up quicker.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe dish, stirring occasionally. (I usually microwave the chocolate for 60 seconds, then pull it out and stir. Place back in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir again. Continue at 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until chocolate is completely melted.)
- When chocolate is completely melted, stir in 1/2 tsp mint extract.
- Dip Ritz Crackers into chocolate. Tap off excess chocolate. Lay crackers on wax paper.
- You can leave them plain or garnish with crushed candy cane. Also, cute when drizzled with red and green icing.
- You could most definitely make these using mint chips. However, if they are mint chocolate chips, we prefer those. They taste better with a hint of chocolate to them.
- Cookie Sheet
- Wax Paper
- Microwave Safe Bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!