If you love peanut butter and chocolate, then these No Bake Peanut Butter Chex Bars are just for you!
My kids love when I make these no bake bars. They honestly last two days at my house, if that! At least since they are super simple to make I don’t mind when they disappear so fast. 😉
Though if you can restrain yourself they will last a few days in an airtight container and you can even freeze them!
No bake recipes are one of my favorites to make. Most likely I already have the ingredients in the house and I do not have to wait near as long to indulge! No to mention they are normally pretty easy to whip up for a snack later in the day.
Another fun think about these types of no bake desserts is that my kids can help me and I don’t have to worry about them getting burned by the oven and most of it is made in a bowl. They love to help me stir all of these delicious ingredients!
If you like a good Chex mix recipe, you will want to make sure to check out our white chocolate Chex mix party mix, gooey almond and coconut Chex mix, and to add a little fruity flavor to the mix our Lemon Chex mix!
Here is everything you will need to make these easy Peanut Butter Chex Bars recipe:
Peanut butter Chex bar ingredients:
- Rice Chex cereal
- Peanuts (we used cocktail peanuts)
- Brown sugar
- Light corn syrup
- Peanut butter, creamy
- Vanilla extract
- Milk chocolate chips
If you are not too hip on using corn syrup in the recipe, you can take a look at this article “What can I substitute for corn syrup?” for some more ideas on what else to use!
You will also need these items to prepare your no bake dessert:
- 9×13 inch pan (THIS one is great to use)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium saucepan
- Wooden spoon (I like THIS one)
- Microwave safe bowl
- Ziplock bag
Related Article: If you’re a girl scout cookie lover, these Tagalong Bars were made just for you!
Now is the time to make our delectable no bake peanut butter Chex bars!
Begin by greasing up your 9×13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and then set it aside.
Next in a large bowl, mix together the Chex cereal and cocktail peanuts and then set that aside too.
Now, in a medium saucepan, you are going to stir together the brown sugar and corn syrup over medium heat. You are going to do that until the sugar and corn syrup mixture comes to a boil for about 1 minute.
Once the minute is done, remove the pan from the heat and add the peanut butter, vanilla, and salt and stir it all together very well. You will want to continue to stir the mixture until it is smooth.
Now, once the peanut butter mixture has reached a smooth consistency, pour all of it on top of the cereal and peanut mixture.
Using a wooden spoon, toss everything together carefully until all of the cereal and peanuts are completely covered.
Grab back out the greased 9×13 inch pan and pour the peanut butter cereal mixture into the pan. You need to press down gently with the spoon to make sure everything sticks together well to form the bar.
Then, let it cool for about 20 minutes.
When the bars are almost done cooling, begin to make up the drizzle. Start by melting the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
Take the bowl out and stir and return it to the microwave for another 20 seconds. Continue to do this until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
Now, just drizzle the chocolate over the cool bars and let the chocolate cool down and set up.
PRO TIP: If you want you can even put the chocolate in a little ziplock bag to drizzle it. Using a cup place the ziplock bag over the rim of the cup and pour the chocolate into the bag, cut a small hole in a corner, and use that to easily drizzle the chocolate over the bars.
Then, just cut the bars and enjoy!
Amazing recipes you NEED to see!
Our YouTube channel has SO many amazing recipes for you to check out.
We go through our tried and true recipes and walk you through each step until the end to help you achieve the best results!
More No Bake Recipes you will love:
- NO BAKE LEMON ICE BOX CAKE
- NO BAKE GINGERBREAD COOKIE TRUFFLES
- NO BAKE REESE’S FUDGE BARS
- EASY NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER BARS RECIPE
- NO BAKE MINI OREO CHEESECAKE
- LUCKY CEREAL BARS
No Bake Peanut Butter Chex Bars Recipe
- 6 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 ½ cups peanuts roughly chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan. Mix the cereal and peanuts in a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan stir together the brown sugar and corn syrup over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil for 1 minute. Then remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal mixture. Toss carefully with a wooden spoon until all of the cereal is covered.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared 9 x 13 inch pan and press down gently. Cool for about 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave stirring every 20 seconds until completely melted and smooth. Drizzle over the cooled bars. Let the chocolate cool.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Be sure to not miss another recipe!