Brownies are such a guilty pleasure for me, especially with this Better Than Anything Brownies recipe.
This cake mix dessert has a wonderful chocolatey taste with the texture of a fudgy cake brownie. They are caramel brownies unlike you have ever tasted before.
My kids go crazy for brownies, in particular these brownies with a twist! They always say how this is the best brownie recipe they have ever had.
Make sure that you try out our other fantastic brownie recipe like Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies, Chocolate Thin Mint Brownies, or in honor of those Girl Scout cookies going around our Samoa Brownies recipe.
Ingredients Needed For This Better Than Anything Brownies Recipe:
- German chocolate cake mix
- Evaporated milk
- Caramels (I like to use THESE ones)
- Melted butter
- Milk chocolate chips
- Heath toffee bits
How To Make This Better Than Anything Brownies Recipe:
When making this recipe preheat the oven to 350.
Then in a large mixing bowl, combine the dry german chocolate cake mix, melted butter, and ⅓ cup of evaporated milk and mix it all together.
NOTE: Do not make the cake like directions on the back of the box. We are just using the cake mix.
After you have that mixed up, pour about half of the mix into the bottom of a greased 9 x13 inch pan and press it out to cover the whole pan.
Place the pan in the oven and bake it for 6 minutes. After 6 minutes remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle half the bag of heath toffee bits over the top of the brownie mix.
Next, in a small saucepan melt together the caramels and the remaining evaporated milk.
Once the caramels have completely melted into the evaporated milk, pour it over top of the toffee bits.
Then, sprinkle on half of the bag of chocolate chips across the pan.
Now, take the remaining brownie batter and spread it over top of the chocolate chip layer.
TIP: To make this step easier take pieces of the batter in your hand and flatten it out and then lay it over top of the chocolate chips until all the batter has been added.
Once you are done doing that, sprinkle the remaining toffee bits and chocolate chips on top of the brownie layer.
Now, place the pan back in the oven and bake the brownies for another 20 minutes.
Allow the brownies to cool in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving them to let the caramel set up a little bit.
Then just cut them up and enjoy!
To Make These Brownies with a Twist You Will Need:
- 9×13 inch pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Small saucepan
- Nonstick cooking spray
What is Toffee?
I’ve always thought of toffee to n=be part of the caramel family when it comes to those types of candies. To be honest I’ve probably even use caramel and toffee interchangeably.
So I thought I’d look up the difference between the two and share my findings with you. Head on over to Webstaurantstore’s blog to find out the difference between toffee, caramel, and butterscotch!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot Casseroles
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
More Decadent Brownie Recipes:
- Hershey’s Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
- Texas Sheet Cake Brownies Recipe
- Buckeye Brownies Recipe
- Copycat Zupa’s Caramel Rockslide Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- Buttermilk Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Chocolate Turtle Brownies
Better Than Anything Brownies Recipe
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 14 ounces caramels 1 bag
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- 8 ounces heath toffee bits 1 bag
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Mix dry cake mix, melted butter and 1/3 cup evaporated milk together. (Do not make cake according to package directions).
- Press 1/2 of mix into a 9 x 13 inch greased pan.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Remove brownies from oven and sprinkle on half the bag of Heath toffee bits.
- Melt together caramels and rest of the evaporated milk, pour over toffee bits.
- Sprinkle on half the bag of chocolate chips. Spread the remaining batter on top (this is easiest if you take pieces of the batter, flatten each individual piece in your hands and place on top)
- Sprinkle remaining toffee bits and chocolate chips on top.
- Bake again for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Saucepan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.