Many people think fudge is a special dessert reserved just for the holidays. Oh no! Fudge is too delicious to only be eaten during the holidays. It’s a dessert to be enjoyed all year round. Especially when it’s SO easy to make.
A delicious piece of fudge is rich and creamy. The heavy whipping cream adds to the rich creamy texture. Then add in some chunks of a favorite Oreo cookie, and it’s absolutely amazing. We love the chocolate mint Oreos.
Chocolate Mint Oreo Fudge is great for gift giving, or even better, eat it yourself. It’s a fun dessert for a potluck or barbecue.
what makes this fudge so rich and creamy?
There are so many different kinds of fudge recipes. We have a lot on our website, and each one of them are slightly different.
This chocolate mint Oreo fudge stands out above the rest because of the creamy whipping cream. A lot of recipes call for evaporated milk. They both add to the rich creaminess in the fudge.
Our Chocolate Mint Oreo Fudge also calls for a container of marshmallow creme. It adds softness and a smooth texture to the fudge. We like the sweet creaminess that is adds too.
The white baking chips add just the right flavor to the fudge. If you love white chocolate, this is for you.
do you need a candy thermometer for this fudge?
You do not need a candy thermometer for our Chocolate Mint Oreo Fudge. You do have to bring some of the ingredients to a boil over medium heat, then cook and stir constantly for about 5 minutes. So easy!
Related recipe: Want another great fudge recipe? Try our Snickers Fudge!
can you add other cookies to this fudge recipe?
For the minty fudge taste, chocolate mint Oreos would be the most preferred cookie. You could add mint grasshopper cookies, and still have the same minty taste with some crunch.
The fudge base for this recipe is not chocolate, it’s a white fudge. So keep that in mind as you change up the recipe.
If you leave out the mint extract, you could add various cookies and other mix ins. Here are some other options:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (chopped)
- Mini M & M’s
- Snickers Candy Bars (chopped)
- Caramel Twix Bars (chopped)
- Lightly Salted Peanuts
- Rolos (chopped)
how to make chocolate Mint Oreo fudge
Here are the main ingredients you will need to make this delicious fudge.
As you can see, the ingredients are nothing out of the ordinary to make this delicious fudge.
- Line a 9 x 9 inch pan with foil that has been lightly sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add the white chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, green food coloring, and mint extract. No need to stir this mixture yet. Set bowl aside.
- Chop the Oreo cookies just until coarsely chopped. Set aside 3/4 cup in another smaller bowl to use on top of the finished fudge.
- In a saucepan add the butter, sugar, and whipping cream. Stir over medium heat. Bring this mixture to a boil and then continue stirring it for 5 more minutes. Stir constantly.
- Then pour this hot butter mixture into the bowl with the white chips and marshmallow. Stir in well with a hand mixer so that it’s all combined and the chips are melted.
- Fold in the chopped Oreos (remember to set some aside for the top). Stir until combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and spread around evenly.
- Add the other Oreo crumbs to the top and press down gently into the fudge.
- Let cool for about 2 hours. We like to place it in the fridge to cool.
- After it has set up, lift the foil from the pan and peel away. Slice and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
helpful items used in making chocolate mint Oreo fudge
- Rock and Chop Knife – There are many styles and versions of this Rock and Chop knife. It’s so easy for chopping cookies.
- Saucepan – This is a great heavy duty saucepan for making fudge.
- Square Pan – This pan is great for this recipe and comes with a lid.
- Hand Mixer – We just purchased this hand mixer and we love it.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
be sure to check out more fudge recipes here:
- Snickers Fudge
- M & M Fudge
- Salted Nut Roll Fudge
- Cookies and Cream Fudge
- Double Decker Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch this fun video as Camille shows you how easy it is to make Rocky Road Fudge.