One of the most popular recipes on our blog is our Andes Mint Cookies, so I decided to try a brownie version.
Let me just say that the results were heavenly. Mint chocolate lovers will literally drool over these rich brownies.
looking for a few recipe shortcuts?
I love baking, however, sometimes I need to make a treat, and I don’t have much time.
This is the perfect dessert to make, when you don’t have a lot of time, and need to make something quick.
I love the delicious combination of mint and chocolate, but I don’t always have time to make them from scratch.
Here are a few hacks, to shorten the recipe time:
-Boxed brownies: You may think I’m crazy, but boxed brownies are awesome. I do think brownies from scratch taste better, but boxed brownies are fast, delicious, and inexpensive.
If you are in a hurry, you make those boxed brownies, because to me, (and my family and probably anyone else you talk to), a brownie is a brownie. It will be delicious no matter what.
-Milk chocolate chips and mint extract: If you live in an area where you can’t buy andes mints, or you don’t want to run to the store, we have a cheap and delicious alternative for you.
You can simply add a little mint extract (I would start with a drop or two, then add as needed) to your melted milk chocolate.
I would then spread the milk chocolate that has been mint infused, over the brownies, and yum. They were equally delicious.
If you don’t have time to make brownies, we also have a cookie recipe that is almost identical to this one. Click HERE for our Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies, recipe.
related recipe: RAspberry Chocolate souffle brownie cups are an easy and decadent dessert. the perfect brownie cup for any occasion.
watch how to make another one of our favorite andes mint recipes, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it, specifically with you in mind. It has all our family favorite recipes, that we wanted to share with you.
We know how difficult it can be to make a recipe, without ever trying or seeing it before, which is why we created our channel.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.Each recipe is tried and true, so you can trust even the pickiest eaters, will love it.
Watch how to make our simple and delicious Andes Mint Muddy Buddies, here:
looking for more mint inspired recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Andes Mint Cookies
- Easy Christmas Peppermint Toffee
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- Thin Mint Poke Cake
- Peppermint Brownie Bark
Andes Mint Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Andes Mint Baking Chips
- 4.67 ounces Andes Mints 1 box
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter until completely melted. Stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, hand-beating well with spoon after each addition.
- Add cocoa and beat until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well.
- Fold in Andes Mint chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
- While brownies are baking, unwrap all of the Andes Mint candies. When brownies are finished, remove from oven and immediately place all of the unwrapped candies on top of the brownies. Let them sit for about 5 minutes (or until they get soft and melted) and then using the back of a large spoon, spread the melted chocolate around until the brownies are completely covered by melted chocolate.
- Let brownies sit for about an hour or until they have cooled completely (you can speed up the cooling process by sticking them in the fridge).
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Large Microwave Safe Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!