This Chocolate Thin Mint Brownies Recipe is a family classic. They are the perfect dessert to take to a party or potluck dinner because they make so many (and they are so rich that you can only handle a small brownie at a time).
I am a sucker for anything with mint and chocolate together and these didn’t disappoint.
The combination is truly a match made in heaven.
They really do taste like thin mints in brownie form, and are way more creamy and smooth.
If you are looking for a delicious and simple brownie recipe, this is one you need to try.
How To store Thin Mint Brownies:
These Chocolate Thin Mint Brownies can sit at room temperature for a few hours, but after that, we would recommend storing them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
If you are making them more than 4 days in advance, we highly recommend placing them in an airtight container (try to not stack them. You may need a few containers), and removing them from the freezer 24 hours before serving.
Related Recipe: Calling all chocolate lovers with this MISSISSIPPI MUD CAKE. It’s so easy to make and loaded with gooey marshmallows and nuts.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
How to get a clean cut Thin Mint Brownie:
There are three things to know to get a perfectly clean-cut brownie.
- Cool your brownies completely before cutting (chilled in the refrigerator is even better!).
- Use a sharp knife. A lot of problems in the kitchen can be solved by using a really good knife.
- Run your knife under warm-hot water before cutting.
- Wipe your knife on a paper towel, or cutting board edge, after each cut if frosting has accumulated.
- You may need to re-heat your knife in the hot water throughout the cutting process, for best results.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We also test each one of our recipes, before posting it, so you know they are picky eater approved.
We love our brownie recipes, and it’s hard to pick a favorite, but this one is definitely up there. Watch how to make our Mom’s Famous Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies HERE.
Looking for more delicious brownie recipes? Here are our favorites:
- Fudgy Nutella Brownies
- Better Than Anything Brownies
- Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
- Texas Sheet Cake Brownies
- Rocky Road Brownies
- Buttermilk Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
Chocolate Thin Mint Brownies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring optional
- 2 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and cocoa. Add sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Mix well, then stir in flour by hand. Do not over mix.
- Spread batter in greased 12 x 17 inch cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 min.
- Cool and then put in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Mix butter, milk, powdered sugar and extract. If you want to add color, add in food coloring (you could also use red food coloring).
- Remove from freezer and frost brownies, then put in freezer for another 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave and spread on top of the frosting layer. Freeze another 20 minutes to set.
- Cookie Sheet
- Mixing Bowl