No bake pies are wonderful, but this no bake coconut cream pie recipe is out of this world. It is wonderfully delicious with the perfect creamy filling and an easy homemade graham cracker crust.
This no bake coconut cream pie recipe is perfect to serve as a holiday dessert, especially for those that don’t like the standard fruit pies or chocolate pies. Plus it is an easy dessert to make with its own graham cracker crust.
Our coconut cream pie is nice and airy so you might want to be careful, you might find yourself eating so much because it is so good and not a heavy pie. But, don’t be fooled it will catch up with you. Haha.
However, I would suggest doubling the pie recipe if you plan on sharing this delicious coconut pie since it will go fast! Either that or serve yourself first and everyone else later to make sure you get a piece. 😉
Since it is the holiday season, make sure you check out our Frozen Peanut Butter Cloud Pie Recipe, Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Pie Recipe, and you’ll want our The Best Dutch Apple Pie Recipe ready to go too! All delicious, crowd pleasers, and great for serving at your next holiday get togethers.
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Easy No Bake Coconut Cream Pie Recipe:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Melted butter
- Instant Coconut cream pudding mix
- Heavy whipping cream
- Milk, cold
- Coconut extract (optional)
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed
How To Make Our No Bake Coconut Cream Pie Recipe:
When you are ready to make this simple and delicious coconut cream pie, start by making the crust.
Get out a small bowl and mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter all together until the crumbs are saturated with the butter and are moist.
Then dump the buttery graham cracker crumbs into the pie dish and press them into the bottom of the pan evenly, as well as up the sides of the dish and then pop it in the fridge to help it set up nicely.
Now, in a large mixing bowl combine the cold milk and coconut cream pudding mix, whipping cream, and coconut extract (if you have it) and whisk it all together for about 2 minutes, or until it becomes thick.
Once you are done whisking the pudding mixture, add in the whipped topping and ½ cup of the sweetened shredded coconut by folding it in gently.
After the coconut cream filling is completely combined, carefully spread the coconut filling in the pie dish over top of the graham cracker crust, spreading it out evenly.
Then simply top it off with the rest of the sweetened shredded coconut and then place the coconut cream pie in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
To Make this Easy Coconut Cream Pie Recipe You Will Need:
- Pie dish (I love THESE dishes!)
- Large mixing bowl
What is the Difference Between Coconut Custard and Coconut Cream Pie Filling?
While some might confuse the two different types of pies, but there is definitely a difference between a coconut custard pie and a coconut cream pie. From the ingredients to how the pie itself is prepared, the difference might seem small but make a big difference.
The biggest difference is that for any standard custard pie, they will be made with eggs in the base and therefore have to be baked. However, cream pies do not, they have a cream base and are not baked.
Baking Bites covers all the differences between custard and cream pies if you want to more about the ins and out of the different types of pies.
How Long Does Coconut Cream Pie Last?
Cream pies are best when they are freshly made, however they can last 3-4 days when they are stored in the fridge covered loosely with plastic wrap. After that they tend to be deflated and the crust is soggy.
I also like to place mine in my cake storage container so then none of the delicious topping gets disturbed. It is important to store the cream pie in the fridge or it will not last for more than 5-6 hours.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our latest cookbook – Six Ingredients with Six Sisters’ Stuff – is all about using a few ingredients to make a delicious dinner! With only 6 ingredients or less per recipe in this cookbook, cooking has never been easier!
Whether you are a cook just starting out or a busy parent looking to save time in the kitchen, this cookbook is for you! It’s full of entrees, side dishes, and desserts.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX INGREDIENTS with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Make More with Coconut Using Our Perfectly Tested Recipes:
- Pineapple Coconut Bundt Cake Recipe
- Baked Crispy Coconut Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Coconut Banana Bread Muffins Recipe
- Gooey Almond and Coconut Chex Mix Recipe
- Coconut Pecan Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Coconut Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe
- Skinny No Bake Coconut Bars Recipe
- Outback Steakhouse Copycat Coconut Shrimp
Pie Recipes You Need to Make this Holiday Season:
- No Bake Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- Easy Double Layer Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
- Oreo Pudding Pie Recipe
- Easy Pecan Pie Recipe
- Disney’s Apple Caramel Pie Recipe
- Mini Pumpkin Pies With Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
- Caramel Pecan Turtle Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- The Best Homemade Apple Pie Recipe (Classic Recipe)
- Peppermint Crunch Ice Cream Pie
- Easy Banana Cream Pie
No Bake Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 packages instant coconut cream pudding mix (3.4 ounces each)
- 1½ cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup cold 2% Milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract optional
- 1½ cups sweetened shredded coconut divided
- 1 carton frozen whipped topping (8 ounces) thawed
- To make the pie crust, add graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter all together in a bowl. Use a fork to combine all ingredients.
- Dump graham cracker crumbs into a prepared pan and press evenly in the bottom and up the sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mixes, whipping cream, milk and coconut extract for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping and 1/2 cup coconut.
- Pour coconut filling into the crust and spread evenly. Top with remaining coconut* and keep in the fridge until serving.
- *If you want to toast the remaining coconut that you are going to top the pie with, here’s how: Preheat oven to 325ºF. Place shredded coconut in a single layer on a large baking sheet that has been lined with a baking mat or parchment paper. Put the baking sheet on the middle rack and bake for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, open the oven and gently stir the coconut with a spatula. Bake until the coconut is golden brown, about 3–4 more minutes (watch carefully because one it starts to brown, it can burn very quickly!). Remove from oven and cool completely, then use as a topping for your pie.
- Cream pies are best when they are freshly made, however they can last 3-4 days when they are stored in the fridge covered loosely with plastic wrap. After that they tend to be deflated and the crust is soggy.
- Pie Dish
- Large Mixing Bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.