could i make this in a slow cooker?
If you are looking to make this ham recipe in a slow cooker, here is what I recommend doing:
- Spray the slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the sliced ham in the slow cooker.
- In a saucepan combine the glaze mixture as directed in the instructions.
- Pour 3/4 of the mixture over the ham.
- Place the lid on the ham and cook for 3-4 hours on low (if the ham is cooked, if the ham is not cooked, you may need about 6 hours).
- After the 3-4 hours, pour the rest of the mixture over the ham and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 100 degrees (will take about 20 to 30 minutes)
- You can use the drippings in slow cooker to make a gravy.
- We do however, recommend baking it, to give it that crispy texture on top, but a slow cooker would still taste delicious.
how to make ham gravy:
There is no other gravy, quite like ham gravy. I am obsessed with ham gravy and mashed potatoes. If you have never tried ham gravy, you need to because it is so easy to make.
Here is how to make it:
- Once your ham is done, remove it and set it aside.
- Make your gravy by mixing, the ham drippings (I will usually strain out all the fat or ham chunks that fell off as it cooked, if there are any, just to avoid lumps in my gravy), 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch with 1 Tablespoon of milk or water.
- Whisk it until it is completely smooth and there are not lumps. I also like to let it come to a boil to thicken if it is thin.
- I like to pour this gravy over my potatoes and ham.
watch how to make another delicious ham recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
My favorite part of Easter is the ham. If you are looking for a simple and delicious ham recipe, watch how to make one, here:
looking for side dishes to serve with your ham? Here are our favorites:
- Mom’s Easy Potato Salad Side Dish
- 5 Minute Pistachio Salad
- Loaded Broccoli Salad
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
Recipe adapted from Leite’s Cluinaria
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!