Every Easter and Christmas, we have a huge ham dinner. I am a big ham lover. I usually cook one about once a month on Sunday’s because it’s so yummy, and I have time on Sundays to prepare it.
With this recipe, you could honestly prepare it any day because it is so easy to make. This has become a new staple at our house, then we will use the ham in our meals throughout the week.
It tastes amazing with eggs and hash browns in the morning. We also put our leftover ham in our Ham and Pineapple Roll Ups.
What if my ham is too big for my slow cooker?
- You will need two sheets of tin foil that are 12 inches long.
- I tucked the ends all around the edges of the crock pot and then gathered them together in the middle and folded the ends down (The plastic around the edges is my slow cooker liner).
- I did not completely wrap the ham in foil- I just tucked it down the sides of the slow cooker. You want to make a “roof” for your ham.
- To keep the heat in even more, place a towel over the top of your tin foil tent.
How do I make ham gravy?
There is no other gravy, quite like ham gravy. I am obsessed with ham gravy and mashed potatoes. If you have never tried ham gravy, you need to because it is so easy to make.
Here is how to make it:
Once your ham is done, remove it from your slow cooker.
Make your gravy by mixing, the ham drippings (I will usually strain out all the fat or ham chunks that fell off as it cooked, if there are any, just to avoid lumps in my gravy), 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch with 1 Tablespoon of milk or water.
- Whisk it until it is completely smooth and there are not lumps. I also like to let it come to a boil to thicken if it is thin.
I like to pour this gravy over my potatoes and ham.
Watch how to make another ham recipe here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for side dishes to serve with this ham? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Smashed Italian Red Potatoes
- Grandma’s 5 Cup Creamy Fruit Salad
- Oven Roasted Green Beans
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
Slow Cooker Maple Glazed Ham Recipe
- 7 pound spiral cut ham cooked and bone in
- ½ cup Honey Dijon mustard
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and place ham inside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, maple syrup and brown sugar.
- Pour mixture over the top of ham and cover slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours
- Slow Cooker