When it’s too hot to turn on my oven, I love using my pressure cooker to make dinner and these Instant Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches are one of my go-to recipes.
With only 3 ingredients, it’s a simple dump-and-go recipe that takes minimal prep from you but has amazing flavor.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches:
- Pork roast
- Can of root beer
- Bottle of BBQ sauce (THIS is our favorite BBQ sauce for this recipe) or you could use a homemade sauce recipe
If you are interested in making your own for this recipe, check out this quick BBQ sauce recipe from Martha Stewart!
Related Recipe: We love this Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches!
How to make Instant Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches:
- Place pork roast in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Pour root beer on top of roast.
- Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and move the valve to SEALING. Press the MANUAL (PRESSURE COOK) button and set timer for 60 minutes (or 20 minutes per pound, depending on the size of your roast).
- When the timer is done, let the pressure do a NATURAL RELEASE (it will take at least 20 minutes, but I even prefer to let the roast sit in there for a couple hours to make sure it is super tender).
- Remove the lid and shred the roast with 2 forks.
- Drain the root beer out of the Instant Pot and place the shredded roast back inside. Stir in the bottle of BBQ sauce.
- Place meat on hamburger buns or rolls and serve.
If you love easy sandwich recipes, be sure to check out our Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches!