Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork is one of our tried and true slow cooker recipes—now adapted for the Instant Pot!
If you’re looking for the Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork, you can find it here.
This Dr. Pepper pulled pork recipe is simple and delicious.
We love the convenience of making this in the Instant Pot. It cooks up so fast and the pork comes out moist and full of flavor.
Here is what you need to make our Dr Pepper Pulled pork in the Instant Pot:
PULLED PORK INGREDIENTS:
- Pork Shoulder Roast
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Seasoned Salt
- Black Pepper
- Dr. Pepper Soda
- BBQ Sauce
Everything else you’ll need for this pulled pork recipe:
Related recipe: you’ll love this easy SLOW COOKER ROOT BEER PULLED PORK SANDWICH. A great meal to feed a crowd.
LEARN HOW TO MAKE RECIPES YOU LOVE!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved.
The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
How to make Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork:
Start by rubbing your pork roast with your desired amount of seasonings and place roast in Instant Pot.
You could even sear it using the Sauté button if desired.
We love keeping things simple, though. We’ve just thrown the roast in with the seasoning and it tastes great!
Next, pour the Dr. Pepper and BBQ sauce in the pot with the roast.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it into place. Set the knob to SEALING, not venting.
Push the Manual or Pressure Cook button and set it for 60 minutes. When it is done cooking, you can do a natural or quick release.
Then, shred the roast with two forks (it should fall apart easily) and serve on top of hamburger buns.
For a healthier option, we think it’s delicious on top of a simple salad.
Need extra sauce with your pulled pork?
After shredding, we like to keep the meat in the extra liquid. We use a slotted spoon to serve.
You can also add more BBQ sauce if desired. This will make a thicker sauce.
What if I don’t have Dr. Pepper?
If you don’t have a can of Dr. Pepper on hand, no worries! You can exchange the Dr. Pepper in this recipe with Coke or Root Beer. You could even try Cherry Coke.
The soda tenderizes the meat while adding flavor. Adding the soda helps make a tasty meat that falls apart and stays moist.
The soda also serves as the liquid you need for your Instant Pot to come to pressure. Don’t worry about needing to add any extra water.
When should I make Pulled Pork?
Our Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork is perfect for:
- Quick and easy family dinner—dads and kids alike will rave about this flavorful pulled pork.
- Feeding a crowd—have a houseful of hungry teens or having your neighbors over for dinner? This recipe is just right!
- Tasty meal after a long day—many of our readers work full time and just need something they can make without much effort. This is perfect for such an occasion and the meat freezes well in Ziploc bags.
Watch how to make Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Check out our Youtube Channel. We will show you how to make this Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork.
Each recipe on our channel and blog is tried and true, so you know they will be tasty.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. Watch how to make this delicious Instant Pot Smoky Pulled Pork, here.
HOW TO SHRED PULLED PORK
When the bbq pulled pork is finished cooking in the slow cooker, move the meat to a large mixing bowl. You can shred it the following ways:
Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork Recipe
- 3 pounds pork shoulder roast 1 roast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces Dr. Pepper 1 can
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- Rub pork roast with garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and pepper. Place roast in Instant Pot.
- Pour Dr. Pepper and BBQ sauce on top of roast.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and lock in place. Set the knob to sealing, not venting.
- Push the Manual button and set for 60 minutes. If your roast is bigger, cook it for longer.
- (For example if you have a 5 pound roast, you will need to cook it for 90 minutes.)
- Using two forks
- Using Bear Claws
- Using an electric mixer or Kitchen Aid
- Instant Pot
- Bear Claws
CHECK OUT THESE DELICIOUS INSTANT POT RECIPES:
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches
- Instant Pot Creamy Enchilada Soup
- Instant Pot Bone-In Ribs
- Instant Pot Sweet and Tangy Meatballs
- Instant Pot Fudgy Brownies
Be sure to not miss another recipe!