My kids love ham, but I struggle thinking of different ways to prepare it.
I love the ham and pineapple combination, so I decided to throw it in the crock pot and see what happens.
The ham+pineapple+brown sugar makes the most amazing flavor.
Be sure to try our other Slow Cooker Sandwich Recipes:
Ingredients in Slow Cooker Ham and Pineapple Sandwiches:
- diced cooked ham
- crushed pineapple
- brown sugar
- green bell pepper
- Dijon mustard
- dried minced onion
- hamburger buns
- Swiss cheese
How to make Slow Cooker Ham and Pineapple Sandwiches:
- Spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir together.
- Cook on low heat for 3 hours or until completely heated through.
- Serve by scooping sandwich filling on a large hamburger bun (or bun of your choice).
- Place a slice of Swiss cheese on top of the ham and put them under the broiler for a minute or until the cheese is melted.
You could also make this recipe on your stove top in a large skillet. Just combine all the ingredients and cook over medium heat until completely heated through.