*This Pumpkin Sheet Cake post was sponsored by Kroger, but all views and opinions are my own.*
We have teamed up with our friends from Kroger to bring you a little taste of the holidays.
I don’t think I will ever get sick of pumpkin. I could honestly eat pumpkin desserts any time of the year and be content with life. And I love sheet cakes, so I was super excited about this recipe. As long as you have a sheet pan, you can make this cake!
However, I am not the biggest fan of pie, so this year for Thanksgiving I was thinking of a pie alternative and thought to myself, “why not cake?”
So that is where this magical creation began. This Best Pumpkin Cake is way easier to make than pie and can feed a crowd!
Make this pumpkin sheet cake ahead of time:
Thanksgiving morning is probably one of the most stressful mornings. It’s hard to rotate different dishes in and out of the oven. However, with this Pumpkin Sheet Cake, you can make it the day before.
We do recommend refrigerating it until serving, or at least overnight if you are making it ahead of time. It has cream cheese frosting, so to avoid that melting or softening too much, we have found it tastes best when it is cold.
If you’ve been searching for the perfect pumpkin recipes, you’ll love this moist cake with cream cheese icing. The pumpkin mixture is delicious and it stores well in an airtight container. The fall season is the perfect time for baking all things pumpkin, and this pumpkin cake recipe is no exception.
This is the perfect cake to feed a large crowd, and it’s the perfect dessert for the pumpkin season. The homemade cream cheese frosting is the icing on the cake (pun intended). You can even use the leftover pumpkin puree to make the perfect fall dessert for thanksgiving dinner, such as pie filling, a layer cake, pumpkin treats, or pumpkin bread. The options are endless!
So, if you’re looking for a delicious pumpkin sheet cake with simple ingredients, look no further. The moist texture will be a crowd favorite. This easy pumpkin sheet cake is also delicious as a cooled cake. It’s the perfect balance of pumpkin and cream cheese flavor with a great ratio of cake and frosting. Serve it with a glass of whole milk and you’ll be the talk of the family gatherings this season.
Refrigerating it will also keep it from drying out. Be sure to cover it with foil or a lid, and place in the fridge until ready to eat.
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Complete your Thanksgiving meal with our favorite dishes:
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- Grandma’s Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Green Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- How To Make Turkey Gravy From Scratch
- Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
- Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad
- Easy Sweet Cornbread
- Simple Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Fluffy Cranberry Salad
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
Pumpkin Sheet Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a half baking sheet (13 x 18 inch cookie sheet) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and pumpkin puree until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add the flour but continue stirring to avoid lumps. Mix until well combined.
- Add the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking sheet and spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set and let cool completely.
- For the frosting, cream together butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Spread frosting over the cake and sprinkle cinnamon on top, if desired.
- Half Sheet Pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl (2)
- Hand or Stand Mixer
This post was included in our 10 EASIEST Thanksgiving Desserts video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?