I am not much of a spicy fan, but I do love a little kick and flavor to my food.
I do have a weak mouth, so I definitely can’t handle too much heat, but just a tiny kick of a little extra flavor is all I need.
These Spicy BBQ Root Beer Baked Beans are not that spicy at all. You can always increase the heat, but these are just delicious and full of flavor.
I love summer barbecues, and these make the perfect side dish for any summer bbq or potluck. You will love these Spicy BBQ Root Beer Baked Beans.
They take minutes to throw together and taste absolutely delicious.
could i make these without bacon?
I like bacon with my baked beans but you could always make them without. If you are looking to add a different meat, here are a few I recommend:
- Ground Beef
- Ground Turkey
- Pork Sausage
- Turkey Sausage
- Turkey Bacon
steps to make the perfect Spicy bbq Root Beer Baked Beans:
This is an extremely easy recipe, but it never hurts to see the process, to make sure you are making it right. This is also an extremely recipe to double if you are looking to serve a large crowd.
These baked beans serve about 8 people, but you could always double it if needed.
- Step 1: Cook your bacon as desired.
I recommend cooking it a little underdone, than how you would normally. You will be baking it in the oven for a little bit, so it will continue to cook for a little longer. We don’t recommend adding it raw to the pan, however. They will be layered thick and beans and won’t properly cook.
- Step 2: Season your bacon.
Cut your bacon into bite size pieces. You will then want to season it with black pepper and maple syrup.
- Step 3: Combine the bacon with the baked beans, and other ingredients. You will only want to add half the bacon, because the other half of the bacon will go on top, right before cooking it.
- Step 4: I always spray my pan with non stick cooking spray, because these beans get a little sticky. Pour the mixture into the pan, garnish with extra bacon, and place in the oven to bake. You can also add jalapeño bits, if you are looking to spice things up even more.
- Step 5: Remove from oven and enjoy. These beans are perfect for potlucks, barbecues, or just a side dish for any ordinary meal. They are so simple and so full of flavor. Scroll down for the recipe.
how could i make this recipe more spicy?
Since this recipe isn’t necessarily spicy that your eyes are going to water, and your mouth will be on fire, you could easily add a little more heat.
We recommend adding a few fresh jalapeños to the top, or adding a little more cayenne pepper to the mixture.
We added enough to give it some flavor, but not really enough to make it spicy.
watch how to make another potluck side dish, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Pasta salad is a family favorite at our house, but this Traditional Pasta Salad wins every time. Watch how simple and delicious it is, here:
looking for more bbq side dishes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Strawberries and Cream Jello Dessert Salad
- Barbecue Macaroni Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Bacon Mac and Cheese
- Mom’s Easy Potato Salad Side Dish
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!