If you are looking for the best green bean recipe, these Green Beans with Candied Pecans is the one!
We love serving these for Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas parties, and even Sunday dinner.
Green beans never tasted so good!
If you need some more ideas of what to make with green beans, try these recipes:
Ingredients needed for Green Beans with Candied Pecans:
- fresh green beans
- chopped pecans
- brown sugar
- salt and pepper
Related Recipe: These make-ahead mashed potatoes are creamy and delicious! a great side dish for any meal.
How to perfectly sauté green beans:
To perfectly sauté green beans, start by placing them in a pot of water over medium-high heat and bring them to a boil.
Reduce heat to low-medium and let them continue to boil for 5-8 minutes, or until they are just tender and can be pierced with a fork.
While the green beans are boiling, submerge a colander into a bowl of ice water and set aside.
When the beans are done boiling, use tongs or a slotted spoon to place them in the colander to stop the cooking process.
This will help them to not become soggy.
Next, melt 1-2 Tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large skillet and toss green beans in it until they are heated through.
Season with salt and pepper or other desired seasonings and serve.
How to trim fresh green beans:
If you are wanting to quickly trim a large portion of green beans, start by rinsing them with water, patting dry with a paper towel and then lining them up on a cutting board.
Using a chef’s knife, cut off all the tips at once.
If you are nervous about cutting so many beans at once, do it in smaller groups until you are comfortable.
Flip the beans around, line up the tips again and trim off the other side.
If you don’t want to worry about fussing with a knife, you can always use kitchen shears to trim off the ends of each bean but it is a little more time consuming.
How to make Green Beans with Candied Pecans:
I started by washing and trimming my green beans like mentioned above.
Place green beans in a large pan of boiling water. While the beans are boiling, place a colander in a large bowl of ice water and set aside.
Let the beans boil for 5 minutes, or until they reach the desired level of doneness. I like to be able to easily pierce mine with a fork, but still slightly firm.
After they are done boiling, transfer the beans to the colander in ice water to stop the cooking process then drain well.
While the beans are set aside, make the candied pecans. Start by placing some waxed or parchment paper on the countertop to spread your hot pecans on to cool.
Then, place the pecans and the brown sugar in a frying pan over-medium high heat.
Stir continually and after a few minutes the brown sugar will begin to caramelize.
Continue stirring and once all of the sugar is completely melted and the pecans are evenly coated, remove from heat and spread in an even layer on waxed paper.
Let the pecans cool completely and then break apart into smaller pieces if necessary.
Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat (I usually use the same pan I boiled the beans in), add the beans and saute until they are heated through.
Season with salt and pepper then place in a serving dish and top with candied pecans.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
CHECK OUT ALL OF OUR FAVORITE THANKSGIVING DISHES:
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls
- Green Bean Casserole
- Slow Cooker Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- How To Make Turkey Gravy From Scratch
- Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
- Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad
- Easy Sweet Cornbread
- Simple Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Fluffy Cranberry Salad
- Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- The BEST Candied Yams without Corn Syrup
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
Other delicious green bean recipes:
- Balsamic Green Beans and Mushrooms
- Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
- Sesame Green Beans
- Bacon Parmesan Green Beans
Green Beans with Candied Pecans Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh green beans trimmed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place green beans in a large pan of boiling water.
- Place a colander in a large bowl of ice water; set aside.
- Cook beans for 5 minutes and transfer to colander in ice water to stop cooking then drain well.
- Place pecans and brown sugar in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Stir continually until the sugar is completely melted and pecans are evenly coated in melted sugar.
- Spread in an even layer on waxed paper until cool. Break apart into smaller pieces if necessary.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat, add beans and saute until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place beans in a serving dish and top with candied pecans.
- Serve immediately.
- How to trim green beans: Using a chef’s knife, cut off all the tips at once. If you are nervous about cutting so many beans at once, do it in smaller groups until you are comfortable. Flip the beans around, line up the tips again and trim off the other side.
- If you don’t want to worry about fussing with a knife, you can always use kitchen shears to trim off the ends of each bean but it is a little more time consuming.
- If you don’t want to make your own candied pecans, you can buy them at the store and just heat them up a little bit.
- Frying pan
- 9×13" serving dish
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
If you are looking for other easy side dish recipes, check out how to make some of our favorite Thanksgiving side dishes in your slow cooker!