When you need a new easy recipe to make on busy weeknights, this Baked Chicken Parmesan Casserole needs to be made, oh and I forgot to mention it is a one-dish dinner too!
Between the fresh basil, garlic, marinara, and tender chicken, all cooked in a casserole dish, this parmesan recipe is bound to be a casserole dish the whole family will enjoy.
Especially since you will get those classic chicken parmesan flavors without all of the hard work. Just serve it with some penne pasta and a side salad and you will feel like you have brought the Italian restaurant right to your dinner table.
These are a few more of the best chicken recipes to make for picky eaters:
Ingredients used to make Baked Chicken Parmesan Casserole:
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves crushed
- Hot red pepper flakes to taste
- Black pepper
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Marinara sauce
- Fresh chopped basil
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Garlic croutons 1 bag
How to make Baked Chicken Parmesan Casserole:
- Pour. Pour the olive oil in the bottom of a 9×13″ baking pan or baking dish and spread around so that it covers the entire surface. Add crushed garlic and red pepper flakes and spread it around so it is easily distributed.
- Place chicken. Place whole chicken breasts (these need to be raw chicken breasts) in the pan. Pour marinara sauce on top of the chicken. Sprinkle basil on top of sauce. Sprinkle half of the cheeses on top of the basil. Dump all the croutons on top of the casserole. Finish it off with the other half of the cheese.
- Bake. Bake at 350 degrees for 40- 55 minutes (it depends on how large your chicken breasts are- mine cooked for about 50 minutes).
- Let sit. Let stand for about 10 minutes after you pull it out of the oven and serve!
Why croutons for this easy chicken parmesan casserole?
While it is true, traditional cheesy chicken parm is normally made with some form of panko breadcrumbs or bread crumb mixture. However, this recipe is geared towards being quick and easy to make.
When you use the croutons, you can get the best part of the crunch that the panko bread crumbs normally provide, without having to roll the pieces of chicken in the actual crumbs.
Not to mention they also add a good amount of flavor to this delicious dinner recipe.
What to serve with easy baked parmesan casserole:
Depending on how much time you have after making this crispy chicken, here are a couple of personal favorite dishes I would serve with this parmesan chicken casserole recipe:
- Cooked pasta to al dente based on the package directions. You can use either spaghetti noodles or pasta you might have on hand. Then just serve the chicken parm casserole over top.
- Garlic bread (Cheesy garlic texas toast is a family favorite here!)
- Side salad
Favorite things to make during the week:
- Million Dollar Casserole Recipe (Spaghetti Casserole)
- Beef and Noodle Casserole Recipe
- Easy Chicken and Noodle Casserole Recipe
- Baked Potato Casserole Recipe
- Southwest Chicken Casserole Bake Recipe
Other easy family meals:
- Slow Cooker Freezer Meals: Make 8 Meals in 1 Hour!
- Easy Sheet Pan Pizza Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Cheesy Pizza Pasta Casserole Recipe
- Easy Baked Crack Chicken Recipe
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Baked Chicken Parmesan Casserole Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- dash of hot red pepper flakes to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 ounces garlic croutons 1 bag
- Pour the olive oil in the bottom of a 9×13" baking pan and spread around so that it covers the entire surface. Add crushed garlic and red pepper flakes and spread it around so it is easily distributed.
- Place whole chicken breasts in the pan. Pour marinara sauce on top of the chicken. Sprinkle basil on top of sauce. Sprinkle half of the cheeses on top of the basil. Dump all the croutons on top of that. Finish it off with the other half of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40- 55 minutes (it depends on how large your chicken breasts are- mine cooked for about 50 minutes).
- Let stand for about 10 minutes after you pull it out of the oven and serve!
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.