There are so many reasons to love this Sheet Pan Chicken Parmesan! For instance, I am not a fan of dishes. Some nights we go out to eat, just because that’s how much I hate doing dishes.
Thank heavens this recipe came to me in a moment of inspiration, because we have already made it twice this week and my husband loves it.
It is so easy to throw together, that he has even made it. It requires one pan, making clean-up easy. Enjoy your night at home with delicious chicken parmesan, and a clean sink and dish free dishwasher.
The best part is, it only requires a few simple ingredients. A simple dinner, with simple cleanup, with a side dish, and my picky eaters LOVE it? It’s a Christmas miracle in August.
Tips on making sheet pan chicken parmesan:
- I have found this recipe works best when my chicken breasts are all equally sized. I find it difficult to cook evenly when one side of the chicken breast is thicker than the otherTo solve this, I simply but the chicken breasts in a gallon ziplock bag. Make sure it is good quality, or double up bags.I then hammer, or roll out the chicken breasts with a rolling pin, to reach a desired thinness and evenness.I then remove the chicken from the bag, and continue the recipe as directed.
- When dipping your chicken breasts in the various dippings, I used a fork. However, after you dip it in the egg mixture they tend to get a little slippery.You can easily use your hands for this step. I found it easier, and had more control over the process. It was also easier to get bread crumbs on the chicken breasts. I almost had to pat them into the chicken breast a little bit.
- Be sure to spray the top of the chicken breast with a little bit of oil or butter, just to help the bread crumbs get crunchy and not soggy when they bake. This will really give it that chicken parmesan crunch.
What other vegetables could I use?
I love this recipe, because you could easily switch out the broccoli, and not have to switch up the baking time or other ingredients, to do so.
Here are some of my favorite veggie replacements when broccoli just isn’t cutting it for me.
Looking for another sheet pan recipe?
Check out our Youtube Channel for some amazing dishes. We have hundreds of simple dinner ideas, that your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know even your picky eaters will love it.
Watch how to make another one of our favorite sheet pan dinners, Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Veggies, here:
Looking for more chicken dishes?
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetables
- Baked Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos
- Pesto Chicken Casserole
- Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Casserole
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
Sheet Pan Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Panko Bread crumbs
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk egg until well blended.
- In a different medium sized bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture, flipping to coat both sides.
- Dip the egg covered chicken breast into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Press the crumbs into the chicken breast and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with all four chicken breasts.
- Spray the chicken breasts with olive oil spray or baking spray.
- Put in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the chopped broccoli to both sides of the pan.
- Bake the chicken and broccoli for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the marinara over the chicken breasts, then top with the shredded cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove chicken and broccoli from the oven, top with chopped basil.
- Serve on top of rice, noodles, or riced cauliflower.
- Sheet pan
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Medium Mixing Bowl (2)
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!