If you are looking for your next favorite family dinner recipe for fall, this slow cooker chicken and broccoli over rice is it! You can throw it all in the slow cooker and you will have an easy weeknight dinner prepped in no time.
There are a lot of chicken and rice recipes out there, but none that are as tasty as this one! Not only do you get a good protein source, but your carb and veggies too.
Did I mention that even my pickiest of eaters love this recipe? Because they do! So this is a great slow cooker recipe you know everyone will love so there will be no fighting to get everyone to eat it.
When I make this chicken and rice recipe, I also like to serve it with some of our oven roasted vegetables (because you can never have enough veggies!), a quick and easy berry cheesecake fruit salad, and sometimes even some easy homemade rolls.
Ingredients Needed For Our Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice:
- Skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Cream of cheddar soup
- Cream of chicken soup
- Chicken broth
- Garlic salt
- Broccoli florets
- Fat free sour cream
- Cooked brown rice (I like to use the instant rice)
How To Make Our Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice:
I promised you an easy recipe and it’s true! Start by getting out your slow cooker.
Then put the chicken breasts, a can of cream of cheddar soup, a can of cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, salt, garlic salt, and brown rice in the slow cooker.
Once it is all in there, turn the slow cooker on low for 6 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
After the time has run out, remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred the chicken. You can either use two forks or save even more time by shredding it with a hand or stand mixer.
Now is when you can begin cooking the rice you chose and make it according to the directions.
Then return the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and add in the broccoli as well. Give it all a good stir and place the lid back on and cook everything for another 30 minutes.
When it is done, add in the sour cream and mix it all together.
Then just serve it over a bowl of rice and enjoy!
Related Recipe: Make sure you try our Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Casserole!
To Make This Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe You Will Need:
- Slow cooker (THIS is a wonderful one!)
- Forks or mixer
Short On Time? Instant Pot Rice!
Have you ever tried using your Instant Pot for rice? It is soooo easy! I love it and make my rice in the Instant Pot all the time.
If you are short on time or hands while trying to make dinner, making rice in the Instant Pot is the perfect solution. Take a look at the recipe by Amy and Jacky Pressure Cook Recipes for the perfect Instant Pot Rice.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes To Add To The Menu:
- Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Gyros Recipe
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Alfredo Pesto Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli over Rice Recipe
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can Cream Of Cheddar Soup
- 1 can Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (I used instant rice)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup fat free sour cream
- Put everything in except sour cream, broccoli. and rice in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4.
- Shred the chicken breasts with two forks.
- In a rice cooker (or however you like), cook the rice.
- Meanwhile, add broccoli to the crock pot and stir in. Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream with the crock pot mixture. Enjoy over a bowl of rice.
- If you are short on time or hands while trying to make dinner, making rice in the Instant Pot is the perfect solution.
- Slow Cooker
- Forks or Mixer
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.