I know it’s springtime, but I am a soup eater year-round and this soup is something you will want to add to your menu immediately! It’s so simple to throw together and is perfect for those busy weeknights when you need a fast and filling dinner.
Easy Chicken Parmesan Soup Recipe
- 1 pound chicken tenders frozen
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces Penne Pasta uncooked
- 1 ½ cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley optional
- Cook chicken tenders according to directions on package, then cut into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender (about 6 minutes). Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Stir in tomato paste and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add diced tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Let cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook 6-8 minutes more, or until pasta is al dente.
- Right before serving, mix in cooked chicken, Parmesan and mozzarella until just melted and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and top with parsley.
- Stock Pot
Recipe adapted from Delish.