Slow cookers make family dinner SO much easier. I especially love recipes that cook the main dish and side dish TOGETHER.
This recipe is so simple to throw together and is healthy and delicious.
If you love slow cooker recipes, be sure to check out our popular Slow Cooker Hawaiian Turkey Meatballs!
How to make Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetables:
I love recipes that are easy to make, healthy and taste absolutely delicious. Not only was it quick to throw this recipe together, but my slow cooker did all the work for me!
Start by spraying a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and place sliced onions in the bottom.
Top with a pound of baby carrots.
Place sliced red potatoes on top of carrots and onions and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Pour 1 cup chicken broth on top of everything.
Sprinkle on 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
I love using fresh garlic, but if I’m short on time I will use this Litehouse Freeze Dried Garlic. It has all the flavor of fresh garlic, but I don’t have to worry about peeling and mincing garlic. It is my secret weapon, especially in slow cooker recipes!
I used 1 Tablespoon of garlic and sprinkled it on top of the vegetables.
Heat olive oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Place chicken thighs in the oil and let cook for a few minutes on each side or until slightly browned.
You don’t want to cook your chicken all the way through at this point, that will happen while it cooks in the slow cooker with the vegetables.
Place chicken on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker and cover with the lid.
Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
This Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetables is easy to make, healthy and delicious! Even my picky eaters ate it and I ate the leftovers for lunch. Win-win!
Have you tried our Slow Cooker Honey Baked Ham? It is so easy to make and is our Grandma’s famous recipe!
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!
Other delicious chicken recipes:
- Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken
- Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Skillet
- Garlic Cheddar Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
- 1 onion sliced
- 16 ounces baby carrots 1 package
- 6 red potatoes sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- chopped fresh thyme for garnishSpray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place sliced onion in the bottom.
- Top with carrots and sliced red potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Pour chicken broth on top then season with dried thyme and minced garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken thighs in pan and cook for a few minutes on each side or until slightly browned.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Garnish with fresh thyme before serving.
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Slow Cooker
- Frying pan
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?