My family loves Chicken Parmesan, so eating it in slider form was an instant hit!
Our cute friend Tanya from Lemons for Lulu just released her first cookbook: Sandwiched – Grill ‘Em, Toast ‘Em, Stuff ‘Em, Eat ‘Em.
This woman is a genius when it comes to making sandwiches! We aren’t just talking PB and J . . . she shares recipes for Cincinnati Chili Sloppy Joes, Toasted Pizza Subs, Spicy Pork Sandwiches with Honey Lime Slaw, Philly Cheesesteak Patty Melts . . . plus there are sections for just breakfast sandwiches and even dessert sandwiches!!
These sliders are my absolute favorite. They come together in less than 30 minutes (from start to finish) and even my pickiest eaters devoured them! Plus everything is even more delicious in mini-form!
For easy cleanup, try our Sheet Pan Chicken Parmesan or our Chicken Parmesan Pasta Casserole!
Chicken Parmesan Sliders Recipe
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 12 slices Fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 26 ounces marinara sauce 1 jar, (or use homemade recipe below)
- 12 slider rolls
Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes 1 can
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, herbs, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs. Mix by hand until blended. Shape chicken mixture into 12 patties. Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turning once. Top each slider with mozzarella slice and bake an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- When sliders are ready and cheese has melted, place one slider on each roll. Divide marinara sauce among each slider (if using homemade sauce, see instructions below). If desired, sprinkle fresh basil over sliders just before serving.
Homemade Marinara Sauce
- Heat saucepan over medium heat. Heat oil, add garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in pepper flakes and dried basil. Heat an additional minute. Reduce heat and stir in crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Add salt, then continue to heat on low until warm.
- Nutrition information includes homemade marinara sauce
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet