If you love chicken parm but don’t want to over indulge, this baked crispy chicken parmesan recipe is a great compromise. The only person that will know it is the healthier version of chicken parmesan is the person making it.
On top of being super tasty, this is a super easy chicken parmesan recipe. There are only a few steps to this oven baked parmesan chicken, making it a wonderful meal for a busy weeknight.
This healthy baked chicken parmesan recipe is also a great meal to make up and save the leftovers or even freeze part of it. The kids even love to help make the chicken with me too!
Our easy pan butter biscuits or Olive Garden breadsticks copycat recipe and a Italian fresh green salad go perfectly with this pasta dish if you want to make it feel like you are eating out for dinner.
Looking for a great appetizer?! Try our Baked Mozzarella Sticks!
Ingredients You Need to For This Baked Crispy Chicken Parmesan Recipe:
- Cooking spray
- Cheese and garlic croutons
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Beaten egg
- Marinara sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooked pasta
How To Make This Baked Crispy Chicken Parmesan Recipe:
When you are ready for dinner, prepare your noodles according to the directions on the box for al dente.
Then preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Now, get out a large baking sheet and spray it with vegetable cooking spray and set it aside.
Then in a large ziplock bag, place the crouton and use a rolling pin to crush up the croutons until they become crumbs.
Next, take out your chicken and dip one breast in the beaten egg.
Following the egg, place the chicken in the crushed up croutons and coat both sides of the chicken.
Once the chicken is breaded, place it on the prepared baking sheet and continue the same steps with the rest of the chicken breasts.
After all of the chicken is on the sheet, spray the tops of the breaded chicken with vegetable cooking spray and then place the baking sheet in the oven.
Allow the chicken to bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
While the chicken is cooking, heat up the pasta sauce over medium heat in a small saucepan.
When the chicken is done, serve it over the cooked noodles and top it with the warm pasta sauce and parmesan cheese and then dig in!
To Make Our Healthy Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe You Will Need:
- Large baking sheet (THESE are great!)
- Large pot
- Small saucepan
- Shallow bowl (2)
Extremely Tasty Pasta Sauce
Chicken parmesan has some delicious flavors, and the sauce is definity a key component to that. If you have the time and energy, this homemade pasta sauce from Scrambled Chefs is wonderful!
You can prepare the homemade sauce ahead of time, and then warm it up when your chicken is ready. If not, I always tend to get the basil, oregano, and garlic pasta sauce in the jars at the grocery store.
Related Recipe: Don’t miss out on our Baked Spaghetti Casserole Recipe!
Pasta to Use for Chicken Parmesan
The traditional pasta to use for chicken parmesan is spaghetti noodle, but that is not the only kind you can use for this recipe.
You can use your favorite pasta or even spiralized zucchini works great too! But anything in the noodle form will work great and taste awesome.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Enjoy the Flavors of Chicken Parmesan in So Many Tasty Ways!
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders Recipe
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Casserole Recipe
- Easy Chicken Parmesan Soup Recipe
- Chicken Parmesan Manicotti
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs Recipe
Baked Crispy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- cooking spray
- 2 cups cheese and garlic croutons
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup marinara sauce heated
- ¾ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces pasta cooked
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place croutons in zipper plastic bag. Close and crush with rolling pin until crumbs form.
- Dip chicken into beaten egg.
- Coat with crushed crouton crumbs.
- Place chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Spray chicken with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Spoon pasta sauce over chicken and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
- The traditional pasta to use for chicken parmesan is spaghetti noodle, but that is not the only kind you can use for this recipe.
- You can use your favorite pasta or even spiralized zucchini works great too! But anything in the noodle form will work great and taste awesome.
- Large Baking Sheet
- large pot
- Small Saucepan
- 2 shallow bowls
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.