This Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos recipe is so simple that it has become a staple go-to recipe in our house. And soon it will be yours, too! This 3 ingredient chicken taco recipe is a dump everything in the slow cooker and leave it recipe.
Ingredients needed to make this Chicken Taco Recipe:
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1 jar of salsa
5 MINUTE DIRECTIONS (IF THAT):
To get started with these 3 ingredient chicken tacos, pull out your slow cooker. I absolutely love this one! Begin by spraying the bottom of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray to make cleaning up even easier.
Next, get the boneless chicken breast out of the package and place it on the bottom of the slow cooker.
Now for the hard part, open the salsa jar (sometimes that can be hard . . . ha ha!) and pour it over the chicken breasts. Then, simply sprinkle the taco seasoning over top of the salsa.
Time to let the slow cooker do its thing for 4-5 hours on high heat, or 6-8 hours on low heat. Remember, these cooking times are approximations as cooking times can vary with each slow cooker.
I know what you’re thinking, “That wasn’t hard” and you’re right. This 3 ingredient chicken taco recipe is extremely simple! It’s one of my favorites.
Once your chicken is done cooking, it will shred easily for tacos. Simply use two forks to pull the chicken apart, then just stir it up to get all the salsa juices mixed in well.
For tacos, use either crunchy shells or flour tortillas. Either one will do!
- To make pulling the chicken apart easier, use a hand-held mixer and turn it on low and it will shred the chicken in a minute. (Watch how to do it here – the trick is to do it at a low speed with a really deep bowl)
- To avoid runny tacos use a slotted spoon to serve the tacos.
- Use THESE awesome holders to keep all your toppings from spilling out
Looking for more freezer meals just like this? Click here for our top 100 Instant Pot Freezer Meals!
SPEAKING OF TOPPINGS, LOAD EACH TACO WITH YOUR FAVORITE THINGS!
HERE ARE A FEW OF OUR FAVORITE TOPPINGS:
- Guacamole (good with tortilla chips too!)
- Homemade Pico de Gallo
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- Diced tomatoes
- Halved olives
- Sour cream
Great creative! You could even crush up chips and add those, or nacho cheese. The possibilities are endless.
You could also use the chicken for enchiladas, nachos, tostadas, quesadillas, etc. This recipe is SUPER versatile. You could also cook, shred, and freeze the chicken (just put it in a gallon-sized freezer bag) and pull it out on a busy night for a quick and easy meal.
RESTAURANT FAVORITE RECIPES
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES?
- Creamy Black Bean Salsa
- Guacamole Salsa
- Salsa Verde Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork Taquitos with Pineapple Salsa
- Oven-Baked Chicken Tacos
- Oven Baked Beef Tacos
- 20 Minute 7 Layer Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Bajio Chicken Salad Copycat Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tinga Tacos Recipe
3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine were frozen)
- 16 ounces salsa 1 jar
- 1.25 ounces taco seasoning 1 packet
- 12 taco shells or flour tortillas
- 1 cup guacamole
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 6 ounces sliced olives 1 can
- 1 cup sour cream
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray for easy clean-up. Place chicken in the bottom, pour salsa on top, and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- When chicken is done cooking, it will shred easily when stirred with a fork.
- Place the chicken on crunchy taco shells or flour tortillas.
- Top with guacamole, lettuce, shredded cheese, tomatoes, olives, sour cream, and any other taco toppings you love.
- You could also use the chicken for for enchiladas, nachos, tostadas, quesadillas, etc.
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Slow Cooker
Recipe source: Tasty Kitchen
Questions & Reviews