I have four kids who are all pretty picky eaters, so an easy chicken and noodle recipe is right down our alley!
I love using my slow cooker to make comfort foods that can cook all day. This Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff is on rotation at our house because not only is it so easy to make but it is absolutely delicious.
CHECK OUT EVERYTHING THAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THIS Slow cooker chicken stroganoff IN THE LISTS BELOW!
Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff recipe ingredients:
- Chicken Thighs
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Cream Cheese
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Dry Onion Soup Mix
- Egg Noodles
- Fresh Parsley
Everything else you will need for this great Chicken Stroganoff:
- Slow Cooker (THIS one is great)
- Big Stirring Spoon (We like THIS wooden one)
- Stock Pot (For cooking egg noodles)
START COOKING LIKE A CHEF!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
SEE EXACTLY HOW TO MAKE UP THIS slow cooker chicken stroganoff
This recipe is so easy to make, yet it tastes like you put all kinds of time and effort into it. We’ll let that be our secret!!
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and place some boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the bottom in an even layer.
You could substitute chicken breasts for boneless, skinless chicken thighs if you prefer.
Sprinkle some fresh mushrooms on top.
Mix together softened cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and dry onion soup mix until well combined then spread the mixture on top of the chicken and mushrooms.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-6 hours. After it is done cooking, use two forks to shred the chicken in the slow cooker and then mix everything together until well combined.
We love to serve this Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff over egg noodles and garnish with fresh parsley.
We hope your family loves this delicious dinner just as much as we do!
Tips to make the best Slow Cooker chicken stroganoff:
1. Use chicken thighs. Chicken thighs have more fat than chicken breasts which makes them more flavorful and they won’t dry out in your slow cooker the way that chicken breasts will.
2. Cook low and slow. Like most meats in the slow cooker, cooking at a lower temperature for a longer period of time results in juicier, tender meat. If you have the time, opt to cook it for the longer time recommendation on low heat.
3. Garnish with fresh herbs. Nothing finishes off a dish like fresh herbs. Garnish your stroganoff with some fresh parsley before serving to really make this dish incredible.
Here are more of The best slow cooker chicken recipes:
- Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken
- Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetables
- Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup
- Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken and Rice Bowls
Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped for garnish)
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken thighs on the bottom of the slow cooker in an even layer.
- Sprinkle mushrooms on top of chicken.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and dry onion soup mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture on top of chicken and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
- Shred chicken in slow cooker using 2 forks.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Serve stroganoff over noodles and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Slow Cooker