I have four kids who are all pretty picky eaters, so an easy chicken and noodle recipe is right down our alley!
I love using my slow cooker to make comfort foods that can cook all day. This Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff is on rotation at our house because not only is it so easy to make but it is absolutely delicious.
How to make Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff:
Let me start off by saying that even though this recipe is so easy to make, it tastes like you put all kinds of time and effort into it.
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and place some boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the bottom in an even layer.
You could substitute chicken breasts for boneless, skinless chicken thighs if you prefer.
Sprinkle some fresh mushrooms on top.
Mix together softened cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and dry onion soup mix until well combined then spread the mixture on top of the chicken and mushrooms.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-6 hours. After it is done cooking, use two forks to shred the chicken in the slow cooker and then mix everything together until well combined.
We love to serve this Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff over egg noodles and garnish with fresh parsley.
We hope your family loves this delicious dinner just as much as we do!
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!
The best slow cooker chicken recipes:
- Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken
- Slow Cooker Swiss Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetables
- Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup
- Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken and Rice Bowls
Tips to make the best Slow Cooker chicken stroganoff:
1. Use chicken thighs. Chicken thighs have more fat than chicken breasts which makes them more flavorful and they won’t dry out in your slow cooker the way that chicken breasts will.
2. Cook low and slow. Like most meats in the slow cooker, cooking at a lower temperature for a longer period of time results in juicier, tender meat. If you have the time, opt to cook it for the longer time recommendation on low heat.
3. Garnish with fresh herbs. Nothing finishes off a dish like fresh herbs. Garnish your stroganoff with some fresh parsley before serving to really make this dish incredible.
Have you checked out ourYouTube channel?
We love a good, creamy chicken dish that can be made in the slow cooker. This Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Chicken is a family favorite. Watch how simple it is to make in the video below: