My husband and I love going out to eat. Whenever we go somewhere that serves chicken Parmesan, one of us always ends up ordering it! We’ve been trying to eat healthier so we thought making our own chicken Parmesan at home might be a better option! These Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are a fun twist on traditional chicken Parmesan but taste just as amazing!
Related Recipe: This SLOW COOKER MONGOLIAN BEEF RECIPE is so easy and bursting with all the delicious Mongolian Beef flavor. Be sure to add it to your meal rotation.
CHICKEN PARMESAN MEATBALLS RECIPE
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup italian bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 28 oz pasta sauce (1 jar)
- 16 oz penne (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Roll chicken mixture into 1-inch balls and place in skillet.
- Brown meatballs on all sides and cook through completely.
- Drain excess oil and pour spaghetti sauce over the meatballs in the skillet.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until sauce is heated through.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over cooked pasta and top with shredded Mozzarella and fresh basil.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Large Bowl