Our Instant Pot green chile pork tacos recipe is our version of Instant pot street tacos pork style! You do not need to wait for Tuesday to make these green chili pork tacos, especially since you probably already have everything you need to make them in your pantry.
While these green chili pork tacos are an amazing meal, they can also be served as a super delicious appetizer for your next part. Since this is an Instant Pot pork recipe, you can make it in less time, but still have a super tender and flavorful dish.
We have tried so many dishes in the Instant Pot (look at our list of 100+ of the best Instant Pot freezer meals recipes) and this recipe jumps right on up to the top! A few of our other delicious taco recipes are our Instant Pot Hawaiian BBQ chicken tacos, slow cooker chipotle chicken tacos, or the Mexican street corn chicken tacos recipe!
Once you have this super simple taco recipe started you can start on your sides to serve with it. We like to pair it with either our copycat Chipotle corn salsa recipe, easy mexican salsa rice recipe, or some easy guacamole!
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Instant Pot Green Chile Pork Tacos Recipe:
- Boneless pork sirloin roast
- Diced green chilies
- Taco seasoning packet
- Ground cumin
- Chicken broth
- Flour or corn tortillas (you pick!)
- All the taco toppings!
How To Make Our Instant Pot Green Chile Pork Tacos Recipe:
When you are ready to make this super simple recipe, get out your Instant Pot and place the pork roast in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Then in a small mixing bowl, combine the diced green chilies, taco seasoning packet, and the cumin all together.
When you are done mixing the spices together, spoon it over top of the pork roast trying to make sure it is well covered.
Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Once the pork is prepped, place the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the valve to the SEALING position.
Then you need to press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 60 minutes.
NOTES: Our general rule of thumb is to do about 20-25 minutes of cook time per pound. So if you are using a larger roast, make sure to take that into account.
After the timer is done on the Instant Pot, allow it to naturally release the pressure until the pin drops letting you know the pressure has fully released. This will take about 20-30 minutes.
Once it is done releasing the pressure, you can either take the lid off and shred the pork, or I also love to just let it sit on the “keep warm” function for a couple of hours and it will literally fall about for you.
Now shred the pork if necessary, or simply give it a good stir and then serve the delicious shredded pork roast over top of your tortilla and top it with your favorite taco toppings.
To Make Instant Pot Street Tacos Pork Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot
- Small mixing bowl
- Serving spoon
Homemade Corn Tortillas
If you have extra time for anything, let it be for some delicious homemade corn tortillas. I cannot tell you how awesome they are, it’s truly something you need to experience, if only once.
You can find a great recipe for your own homemade corn tortillas from Gimme Some Oven. It is so good, and has great instructions.
But, if you don’t have time to make your own corn tortillas, either pick some up at the store or make your own taco bowl and load it up with all the toppings.
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Put Your Instant Pot to Work With Our Amazing Recipes:
- Instant Pot Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Instant Pot Ranch Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa (Chipotle Copycat Recipe)
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wraps Recipe
- Instant Pot Italian Beef Roast Sandwiches Recipe
- Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce [Pressure Cooker] Recipe
- Instant Pot Pork Chile Verde
Branch Out With New and Exciting Pork Recipes this Week!
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sticky Pulled Pork Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chile Verde Pork Roast Recipe
- Grilled Hawaiian Pineapple Pork Chops Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- Grilled Honey Mustard Pork Chops Recipe (without marinade)
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Recipe (Slow Cooker)
- Mediterranean Grilled Pork Kabobs (Raznjici) Recipe
Instant Pot Green Chile Pork Tacos Recipe
- 3 pounds boneless pork sirloin roast
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 5 cans diced green chilies (4 ounces each)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 12 flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- favorite taco toppings (shredded lettuce, cotija cheese, pico de gallo, guacamole, salsa, red onion, cilantro, shredded cheese, etc)
- Place roast in Instant Pot.
- Pour chicken broth into the Instant Pot.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together chilies, taco seasoning, and cumin. Spoon green chile mixture over pork.
- Put your lid on the pot and put the VALVE on sealing (not venting). Press the MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) button and set timer for 60 minutes (or 20-25 minutes per pound of your roast).
- When timer is finished, let pressure do a NATURAL RELEASE (it will take at least 20 minutes – I prefer to let it sit in my Instant Pot on the "keep warm" setting for a couple of hours and it will literally fall apart).
- Shred or slice roast (it should fall apart pretty easily) and serve on top of tortillas with your favorite toppings.
- Our general rule of thumb is to do about 20-25 minutes of cook time per pound. So if you are using a larger roast, make sure to take that into account.
- Instant Pot
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Serving Spoon
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.