Years ago I shared my go-to recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Chile Verde – I had been making it for years and serving it as tacos for my family.
Now that I am loving my Instant Pot, I decided to convert my favorite pork chile verde recipe to work in my pressure cooker!
This recipe is still simple enough that you can just dump all the ingredients into the Instant Pot, set it to cook, and be on your way. Simple recipes like this are the best because even after a busy day, you can manage to still pull off a delicious dinner.
I served this with our favorite Homemade Pico de Gallo (I promise it’s easy to make!), but if you are short on time, you can pick up some pre-made pico from at the store.
Related Recipe: Be sure to try our delicious easy Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe. It’s bursting with flavor!
Ingredients needed for Instant Pot Pork Chile Verde:
- pork roast (I used a boneless pork shoulder; any kind will work)
- green pepper
- tomatillos (these are like a little green tomato wrapped in a husk)
- green salsa (salsa verde)
- green chiles
- canned diced tomatoes
How to make Pork Chile Verde in the Instant Pot:
- Place your roast in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients on top of roast.
- Set Instant Pot to manual and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Let pressure do a natural release (it will take about 10-15 minutes).
- Remove the roast pieces from the Instant Pot and shred using two forks (it will literally fall apart).
- Add pork back into Instant Pot and mix with all the flavorful liquid.
- Serve and enjoy!
What can I use this pork for?
This is such a versatile recipe that you could use in many different Mexican dishes. Here are a few of our favorites:
- tacos (soft or hard shell!)
- on top of a salad
We’ve got a simple time saving recipe for your instant pot – easy instant pot hard boiled eggs (with the 5-5-5 method). You’ll never go back to boiling water!
What instant pot do you use?
The thing we love about the Instant Pot, is that it has so many functions in one. You can sear, pressure cook, and steam using the same machine.
THIS is our favorite Instant Pot (and the one we used for this recipe).
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes that your family will love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Check out our other favorite Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot 7 Can Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Chile Verde
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.