You can enjoy our Instant Pot sweet and sticky pulled pork recipe while you are lounging out on your patio this summer. Since it is an Instant Pot pork recipe, the Instant Pot will do a lot of the work and you can spend your time doing everything else!
Our sticky pulled pork recipe is one of those recipes you will save and make over and over again. It is just so delicious, tender, and full of amazing flavor. Especially when you pair it with some hawaiian rolls and make them into little siders.
Not to mention, this recipe is perfect to feed a crowd. You just have to put it in the Instant Pot, let it cook, and then let everyone else build their sandwiches, nachos, or whatever and they will be in awe of how amazing this recipe is.
For more super simple yet wonderfully tasty meals, you need to make our Instant Pot buffalo chicken wraps, Instant Pot Italian beef roast sandwiches, and of course our Instant Pot Hawaiian BBQ chicken tacos. All of them are done in the Instant Pot and taste amazing.
Ingredients You Need to For Our Instant Pot Sweet and Sticky Pulled Pork Recipe:
- Boneless pork shoulder roast
- Chicken broth
- BBQ sauce
- Apricot preserves
- Dry onion soup mix
- Soy sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Hamburger buns
How To Make Our Instant Pot Sweet and Sticky Pulled Pork Recipe:
To begin this recipe, pull out your Instant Pot and place the pork shoulder in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Then pour a ½ cup of chicken broth or water if you prefer, in with the pork roast.
Now, in a small mixing bowl combine the bbq sauce, apricot preserves, dryon onion soup mix, dijon mustard, soy sauce, and then mix it all together to form the delicious sauce.
Once the sauce is made up, pour it over top of the roast and place the lid on the Instant Pot.
Make sure to turn the valve on the lid to the SEALING position and then press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button and set the timer for 60 minutes.
NOTE: We generally use a rule of thumb that you need 20 minutes per pound. So this is for a 3 pound roast, any bigger make sure to adjust the cook time.
After the time is up, let the Instant Pot do a NATURAL RELEASE of the pressure which should take about 20-25 minutes, but letting it rest longer up to 2-3 hours if you have the time will give you a wonderfully tender pork roast.
When all the pressure is out and the pin has dropped down, remove the lid from the Instant Pot and take out the pork.
Shred the pork with 2 forks and then return the shredded pork to the Instant Pot and mix it into the sauce (or you can leave the pork in the Instant Pot and use a hand mixer to shred it and mix the meat into the sauce).
After the meat is shredded, serve it on hamburger buns and enjoy!
To Make This Sweet BBQ Pork Recipe You Will Need:
- Instant Pot (THIS is a great one to use!)
- Small mixing bowl
- Forks or hand mixer
- Serving spoon
How Do You Keep Pulled Pork Moist?
Texture is one of the most important things when you are cooking pulled pork. You do not want a dry and overcooked pork roast because then you will just sit there for days just trying to chew your food. No one wants that! Haha.
So, to avoid that, take a look at BBQ Host’s article on how to keep pulled pork warm and moist before serving it! They have some great ideas and are easy to do and might just save your day.
Can You USe Pork Loin for Pork Roast?
We have used both a pork loin roast and a pork shoulder. The pork shoulder tends to have more fat, making it more juicy and tender.
But if you use the right method and don’t overcook your pork, a pork roast will turn out perfectly as well! Just make sure to watch it closely.
You can even use chicken breast if you aren’t a huge fan of pork. Pull chicken is always tasty!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
INSTANT COOKING with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
What Goes Well With Sweet Pork Roast? I Will Just Leave This List Right Here For You 😉
- KFC Copycat Coleslaw Recipe
- Low Fat Baked Onion Rings & Amazing Sauce Recipe
- Restaurant Style Onion Rings Recipe
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe (Made from scratch)
- Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe
Instant Pot Sweet and Sticky Pulled Pork Recipe
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
- ½ cup chicken broth (or water)
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1½ cups apricot preserves
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix (1 packet)
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 8 hamburger buns
- Place pork shoulder roast in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Pour 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water) in with the roast.
- In a mixing bowl, combine bbq sauce, apricot preserves, dry onion soup mix, Dijon mustard, and soy sauce.
- Pour sauce on top of roast.
- Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and move the valve to SEALING. Press the MANUAL (PRESSURE COOK) button and set timer for 60 minutes (or 20 minutes per pound, depending on the size of your roast).
- When the timer is done, let the pressure do a NATURAL RELEASE (it will take at least 20 minutes, but I even prefer to let the roast sit in there for a couple hours to make sure it is super tender).
- Remove the lid and shred the roast with 2 forks.
- Place the shredded meat back into the sauce and mix together so that all of the meat is covered.
- Place meat on hamburger buns or rolls and serve.
- We have used both a pork loin roast and a pork shoulder. The pork shoulder tends to have more fat, making it more juicy and tender.
- Instant Pot
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Forks or Hand Mixer
- Serving Spoon
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.