My goal this week is to really focus on things that I am thankful for (even things that might not seem like a blessing . . . such as that blasted alarm clock!).
One thing that I am thankful for . . . .
I love warm weather, being able to spend lots of time outside, and eating yummy food that my husband grills (that’s right . . . he is the grill master in our family. I don’t even know how to work the grill . . . I am afraid that I would burn my house down!).
And I am thankful for easy and yummy recipes that require few ingredients, but still taste amazing . . . just like this one (how about that for tying this post into the recipe?!)! 🙂
Grilled Pineapple Pork Chops Recipe
- 20 ounces sliced pineapple 1 can, reserve juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 pork chops
- Mix together the pineapple juice (reserved from the can of pineapple slices), brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic powder together in a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag until all the sugar is dissolved. Add the pork chops and zip closed. Store in the fridge for 8-12 hours (the longer, the better!).
- When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove chops from bag and place on grill. Brush pork chops with marinade while they are cooking to let the flavor really soak in.
- Grill until pork chops are browned and no longer pink inside (about 6-8 minutes per side- depending on thickness of chops).
- While chops are cooking, place pineapple rings on grill and cook until they are warmed through and have slight grill marks on them. Serve pork chops with grilled pineapple on top.
- Ziploc Bag