There is nothing better than having your main dish and side dish done in one pan. The taste of this Italian Pork Roast goes perfect with the sweet potatoes, we can’t get enough of it.
Growing up, I didn’t love pork roasts. I just felt like they were always such a dry meat, and didn’t pair nicely with anything.
For some roasts, I still think that today, however, this recipe is perfect and comes out juicy and tender every time.
It even comes with a side dish, so everything is prepared and ready to go, the second it comes out of the oven. You will love this simple and delicious pork roast recipe.
Would other potatoes work with this recipe?
We have only made this recipe using sweet potatoes (I may be a little obsessed with them. They are practically a dessert to me). However, you could easily switch things up, and make this recipe using any kind of potato.
Baby red potatoes, or even russet potatoes would taste delicious. They would all work great and taste amazing, once seasoned.
Could I make this in a slow cooker?
We have only made this recipe in the oven, but a slow cooker would also work, I am sure. We would recommend cooking it on low for about 4 hours.
If you cook it on high, you could run the risk of drying it out. We recommend following the recipe for the best results, but again, I am sure a slow cooker would work great, even with the potatoes (no matter what kind you use).
Watch how to make the perfect side dish to serve with this pork recipe:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Grape Salad is perfect for side dishes all year long. We love it at Thanksgiving, but it’s also the perfect BBQ side dish. Watch how easy it is to make, here:
Looking for more pork favorites? Try these:
- Grilled BBQ Pork Skewers
- Baked Sweet Pork Chimichanga
- Instant Pot Kalua Pork Roast
- Teriyaki Pork Stir Fry
- Instant Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
Italian Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 3 sweet potatoes
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning divided
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes and onions and spread evenly in foil lined 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, salt, and pepper over the potatoes.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- After the sweet potatoes and onions have roasted for 10 minutes, push them evenly to both sides of the pan.
- Place the pork loin in the middle.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining olive oil, Italian seasoning, parsley flakes from the sweet potato mixture, and add in the minced garlic and Parmesan cheese. Brush the mixture over the pork loin, coating it evenly.
- Roast uncovered for 30 minutes, or until inside is no longer pink.
- Slice roast and serve with sweet potatoes and onions on the side.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Small Mixing Bowl
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!