Try this creamy ranch with it:
I love the sweet pork, but if you are looking for a delicious dressing to pair with it, I highly recommend trying our Copycat Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing.
Literal heaven in your mouth. You won’t taste anything better. I could drink this dressing.
The best way to cook pork in the slow cooker:
When cooking your pork roast, it is important to remember that they cook quicker than most other meats.
Pork can also be a little more dry, although most roasts are a little more tender.
It’s important to carefully watch them as you cook them, to ensure they are not overcooking and drying. Here are some cooking tips for pork chops:
- Cook them on low, for a longer amount of time. This will help the juices soak into the meat, and not cook out quickly. It will also help avoid the meat from cooking fast on the outside, but not on the inside, leaving you with burnt pork.
- Let your pork chops marinade for a while, and even make a little extra sauce to put on the side, to baste them as they cook. In the slow cooker, they are pretty much marinading the entire time they cook, but it doesn’t hurt to spoon some juices on top every now and then.
- Don’t cut into the pork as it is cooking. If you do, make a small incision in the very center to ensure that the meat is done cooking, or a thermometer to see that it has reached the temperature of 145 degrees.
- You also don’t want to open the slow cooker lid if you don’t have to. It’s best to keep all that sweet meat moisture in the slow cooker, for a nice tender pork.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for more pork recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Easy Marinated Pork Chops
- Mexican Pork Chops and Rice Bake
- Sheet Pan Italian Pork Chops and Potatoes and Carrots
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- Perfect Fried Pork Chops
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Recipe
- 3 lbs pork roast
- 16 ounces chunky salsa
- 12 ounces Dr. Pepper soda pop
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Put pork in crockpot and fill halfway with water.
- Cook 4 hours on high.
- Drain water, cut pork in thirds, mix together sauce and pour on top.
- Cook 4 more hours on low.
- Drain liquid and shred pork.
- Save a little liquid and mix it in with the pork so it is really moist. Serve over salads, in burritos, or tacos!
- Slow Cooker
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!