I am kind of obsessed with anything “chipotle” flavor. That southwest chipotle sauce at Subway? I put it on every single sandwich. Our pulled pork chipotle sandwiches? They’re a regular on our meal rotation. I had some chicken and tortillas on hand, as well as a jar of chipotle sauce (this one from Herdez to be exact) – so I put it to work for me. They turned out “pretty darn tasty” in the words of my husband, so I would say this easy dinner was definitely a win.
Related article: love a good chicken taco recipe? You’ll love our Instant Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Tacos!
Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces chipotle sauce
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 tomato diced
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ¾ cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado diced
- In a slow cooker that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (or lined with a crock pot liner), place chicken and cover with the entire 12-oz jar of chipotle sauce.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-7 hours, until chicken is completely cooked all the way through.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, shred, and return to slow cooker and mix with chipotle sauce until all the chicken is covered.
- Serve chicken on tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
- Slow Cooker