If you want to get an idea of what this chicken cordon bleu lasagna recipe will taste like, think of those great flavors from the traditional chicken cordon bleu recipe, but with even more alfredo sauce and delicious noodles.
If the extra sauce and noodles don’t pull you, the fact that you can make this easy chicken breast recipe in less than 2 hours should! Lasagna can be quite the process to make, but since you don’t need to make a homemade sauce, it dramatically cuts down on the amount of time you need to make this recipe.
Plus if you want to shorten your time even more, or have a more hands-off approach to cooking the chicken breast ahead of time for this recipe, make sure to look at the best Instant Pot shredded chicken recipe. Not only will it speed up the process but you can use it for so many things.
You can serve this delicious chicken cordon bleu lasagna with alfredo sauce recipe with our Instant Pot green beans, cheesy zucchini and squash bake, and of course, some tasty Texas Roadhouse rolls and have a scrumptious meal!
Ingredients You Need to Make Our Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna Recipe:
- Ricotta cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Parsley, chopped
- Cooked ham, diced
- Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- Garlic powder
- Alfredo sauce with garlic
- Lasagna noodles, oven ready, uncooked
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Swiss cheese, slices
How To Make Our Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna Recipe:
To begin making your lasagna recipe, begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
Then in a medium mixing bowl beat the eggs together.
Now add in the ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, and Parmesan cheese, and continue to mix it all together.
Next, add ¼ cup of the chopped parsley to the cheese mixture, mix it all up and set the bowl aside.
In another bowl, combine the diced ham, shredded chicken, garlic powder, and alfredo sauce and mix them all together.
After the sauce has been mixed together, get out your 9×13 inch baking dish and pour ½ cup of the chicken and alfredo sauce in the bottom of the pan, and spread it out.
Now it is time for the first layer – put 3 lasagna noodles on top of the sauce,
½ of the cheese mixture spread out on top of the noodles.
Then half of the remaining chicken and alfredo sauce spread on top of the cheese mixture, along with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese sprinkled on top, and then topped with 5 Swiss cheese slices.
Repeat all of those same steps in that order for the second layer.
After you are done with the second layer, cover the lasagna lightly with foil and then place it in the oven and bake it for an hour.
When the hour is up, remove the dish from the oven and take off the foil.
Then sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of the chopped parsley on top and then carefully place the pan back in the broiler (setting the oven to broil) and leave it in there for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is browned.
Now remove the pan from the broiler and let it sit for 10-15 minutes to let it sit up before serving the lasagna.
To Make this Easy Lasagna Recipe You Will Need:
- 9×13 inch baking pan
- Medium mixing bowl (THIS is a great set!)
- Large mixing bowl
- Aluminum foil
What is the Order Layering for Lasagna?
You will first start with a little bit of the meat sauce spread on the bottom, Then you will layer it with your noodles and then cheese mixture whether that is ricotta, cottage cheese, or a mixture of the two
Next will be a larger portion of the meat sauce and then some more cheese for good measure. Then repeat it all again!
Is Cottage Cheese or Ricotta Better for Lasagna?
Ultimately this will come down to your personal preference. However, when you use just cottage cheese, it will be a bit lighter dish, but still creamy.
With ricotta cheese, the lasagna will be a heavier, creamier, richer overall dish. But, if you ask me that isn’t a bad thing!
So with this recipe, we compromised and did a little bit of both! It is all good and delicious. If you want to know the difference between the two, Greatist goes over the differences between ricotta cheese and cottage cheese that you might find helpful when trying to make your decision.
What Goes on the Bottom of Lasagna?
Every lasagna is going to start by having some of the meat sauce spread on the bottom of the dish to prevent the noodle from becoming crispy instead of tender. Believe me, you do not want crispy noodles in your lasagna!
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our most popular cookbook – Dinner Made Easy – is all about quick, easy, and delicious family dinner entrees. We did all the organization, all the taste-testing with picky kids, and all the hacks to cut the prep time so that you can focus on spending more time with your family.
The complete family meal game plan in this cookbook is arranged in seven popular categories:
- 30 Minutes or Less
- 5 Ingredients or Less
- Pantry Essentials
- Slow Cooker
- Freezer Meals
- One Pan, One Pot
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
DINNER MADE EASY with Six Sisters’ Stuff <—– Click here to order!
Love cooking as much as we do? Join our FREE private Facebook Group: Six Sisters’ Dinner Club!
Try Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes in Many Different Ways!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- Chicken Cordon Bleu French Bread Pizza Recipe
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Potatoes
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll-Ups
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Grilled Sandwich Recipe
- Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu
Pasta – Something You Can Never Have Enough Great Recipes for. Try these Delicious Lasagna Recipes!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Recipe
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Lazy Lasagna Recipe
- 5-Ingredient Ravioli Lasagna Recipe
- Spinach Lasagna Rolls Recipe
- Easy Homemade Lasagna
- Creamy Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- Easy Creamy Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- Spinach and Cheese Lasagna Recipe
- Easy 20-Minute Skillet Lasagna Recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounces Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cups cooked ham diced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces Alfredo Sauce with garlic
- 6 lasagna noodles uncooked
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
- 10 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in ricotta, cottage cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped parsley. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, mix together diced ham and chicken, garlic powder, and Alfredo sauce.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Layer as follows:
- 3 lasagna noodles, half of cheese mixture, half of remaining meat sauce, 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, and 5 Swiss cheese slices.
- 3 lasagna noodles, other half of cheese mixture, remaining meat sauce, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, and 5 Swiss cheese slices.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons of chopped parsley.
- Set oven to broil and return pan to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is browned.
- Let stand 10 – 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Mixing Bowl
- 9×13-inch Baking Pan
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.