Our whole family loves Chicken Cordon Bleu. It is one of my husband’s favorite dishes, which is why we’ve made it a variety of ways, like our Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu, Simple Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta, and our original Chicken Cordon Bleu.
We love them all, but are definitely adding this one to the list.
It was the perfect combination of our favorite dish, chicken cordon bleu, as well as lasagna. It’s like the two best food worlds combined and created magic with this recipe.
It is quick, simple, full of flavor and so easy to make. It comes together quickly and is a great meal for those busy days.
My whole family loves this one, and I’m sure yours will too.
related recipe: Our SLOW COOKER RITZ CHICKEN is a family favorite. It takes less than 5 minutes to throw together and everyone will think you spent hours working on this delicious chicken recipe.
Could this recipe be frozen before or after cooking?
This recipe, we recommend baking and eating fresh. However, if you are meal prepping, or wanting to freeze the leftovers, you very well could.
We recommend freezing it before, if you have a lid to put on your pan, or if you cover the top with saran wrap and foil. You will just want to keep extra moisture from getting in, as much as possible.
We also recommend doing this if you plan to freeze it after it has been baked. Frozen noodles can be a little tricky to work with and cook thoroughly so we recommend only freezing it for up to a month, and preparing it shortly after for the best results.
Thawing your frozen meal:
We don’t recommend taking this out of the freezer, then throwing it right into the oven. You will want to thaw the lasagna until it is almost like it was made fresh.
We recommend placing it in the fridge 24-48 hours before you plan to serve it, to allow it to thoroughly thaw completely, then bake it, as directed in the instructions.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Looking for more easy chicken recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Cashew Chicken and Vegetables
- Copycat PF Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Mom’s Chicken and Cream Cheese Roll Ups
- Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Cordon Bleu Lasagna Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounces Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cups cooked ham diced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces Alfredo Sauce with garlic
- 6 lasagna noodles uncooked
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
- 10 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Stir in ricotta, cottage cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped parsley. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, mix together diced ham and chicken, garlic powder, and Alfredo sauce.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Layer as follows:
- 3 lasagna noodles, half of cheese mixture, half of remaining meat sauce, 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, and 5 Swiss cheese slices.
- 3 lasagna noodles, other half of cheese mixture, remaining meat sauce, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, and 5 Swiss cheese slices.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons of chopped parsley.
- Set oven to broil and return pan to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is browned.
- Let stand 10 - 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Mixing Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan